Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ogie Oglethorpe

eBay idiot, or not?

I wouldn't make offers anywhere close to your opening bids, and neither would most of the rest here, I suspect.

Good luck. We've all seen sales on ebay at prices we thought were high, even ridiculous, so who knows? I'm sure MSHers aren't the buyers you're expecting you might sell to.

You're probably right. I wouldn't be caught dead accepting an offer that would be as low as yours, IF you did make one.

I can get 2 pair new with tags for 40$ each lol right now...I really don't understand why u are tryin to sell them that high? Can u please tell me?

based on the fact that i lost a bid for some white practice socks to someone who was willing to pay $43 for them, I don't think that this is that unreasonable. Especially since they appear to be the new sublimated pro stock socks that reebok is making.

We are talkin about this In aother post. I heard they are coming out with new socks but no one knows if this is true...do u know if they are? And is that what u mean in ur post?

I looked threw some images and found one that is close. If you scroll down you will see a pic that looks like the right number 8 http://hotleadercele...girlfriend.html you may see where it might have came from.

except that was using their previous logo with the Capitol building, I'll have to say this is not real and anyone willing to pay what the price is currently are morons anyway

This helmet doesn't look to be real:

http://www.ebay.com/...f9#ht_500wt_898

The number doesn't match the font, the helmet logo looks ok, the visor seems about right but the number is throwing it off.

One Dead Giveaway is the NHL Shield Decal. It is the Old down pointed "NHL", which ceased to be used when the lockout ended and before Ovie even played a game.

I know a few hit the private collector market. I picked one up myself for a Mario Lemieux Replica helmet I made up (I promise not to sell it, let alone as game worn :wink: )

so its beyond fake. Your are right though, the number is off and not correct

It's highly likely that I'm the idiot here, but I can't understand this description:

"This is a Bauer Vapor X60 shaft now available for use with Standard replacement blade ( made available to you after the blade broke) or with a tapered blade by cutting below the fuse point... It measures 52.0" long and because of the shaft shape can not be made longer with a Butt End.if you use Standard Blade.....near new condition!!!"

I assumed that you'd have to cut the stick and it would take a tapered blade, or do a flip and use a standard. Is that what he's saying? Why would that make it "near new"? And you really can't put an extension in?

http://www.ebay.com/...=item231703cf7f

We are talkin about this In aother post. I heard they are coming out with new socks but no one knows if this is true...do u know if they are? And is that what u mean in ur post?

Since reebok got rid of the "Rbk" branding, there have been new pro stock socks with sublimated stripes instead of physically attached, different colored, fabric stripes. This means that the socks is one piece of fabric and the stripes are sort of printed on. SubliTwill/Junkyard Athletic can elaborate more on the sublimation process. I got this information from the prostocknation blog. The specific post is here:

http://prostocknation.wordpress.com/2011/03/22/rbk-vs-reebok-socks/

It's highly likely that I'm the idiot here, but I can't understand this description:

"This is a Bauer Vapor X60 shaft now available for use with Standard replacement blade ( made available to you after the blade broke) or with a tapered blade by cutting below the fuse point... It measures 52.0" long and because of the shaft shape can not be made longer with a Butt End.if you use Standard Blade.....near new condition!!!"

I assumed that you'd have to cut the stick and it would take a tapered blade, or do a flip and use a standard. Is that what he's saying? Why would that make it "near new"? And you really can't put an extension in?

http://www.ebay.com/...=item231703cf7f

You can cut the shaft to make it accept tapered blades. That way you can use it like a normal tapered shaft and use an extension if you need it. However, if you flip it and put a standard shaft in the handle end, you will not be able to fit an extension in the blade end unless you cut off the blade to a certain spot then shave down a wood plug to fit in the tapered end.

Sounds like you've got it. And if you flip it to use a standard blade, you can't use an extension because the taper is then at the top. That's how I read it.

EDIT: Posted before I saw there was another page to this topic.

Thanks all, makes sense now. I was a little thrown by the period after "end" and the placement of the parenthetical.

Since reebok got rid of the "Rbk" branding, there have been new pro stock socks with sublimated stripes instead of physically attached, different colored, fabric stripes. This means that the socks is one piece of fabric and the stripes are sort of printed on. SubliTwill/Junkyard Athletic can elaborate more on the sublimation process. I got this information from the prostocknation blog. The specific post is here:

http://prostocknatio...s-reebok-socks/

I may have a pair of some pro stock AHL socks just like that with the sublimated printing, didn't think anything of it, I'll take a look at them next time I'm home

One Dead Giveaway is the NHL Shield Decal. It is the Old down pointed "NHL", which ceased to be used when the lockout ended and before Ovie even played a game.

I know a few hit the private collector market. I picked one up myself for a Mario Lemieux Replica helmet I made up (I promise not to sell it, let alone as game worn :wink: )

so its beyond fake. Your are right though, the number is off and not correct

I sent this message to the seller, who has since relisted it:

This helmet looks like it's put together. The #8 on the back doesn't match the front used on the helmets used today, the Caps logo on the helmet to match the number would have be the old "Capitol Building" logo, and use the old "orange" NHL Shield and not the silver colour. Definitely not a game used helmet.

I would recommend you provide documentation from the Caps to prove this is authentic.

here's the new listing:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130610101827&fromMakeTrack=true#ht_500wt_898

listing now reads like this to me:

USED BY FORWARD ALEXANDER OVECHKIN OF THE WASHINGTON CAPITALS

Washington Capitals Hockey Helmet

CCM Caps Helmet

Helmet was used during the 2007-2008 Season For Away Games Had 65 Goals and 47 Assists for 112 points Unfortunately helmet wasn't used in the playoffs were he upgraded to the new model and a different visor.

minor scratches ,great piece of rare memorabilia or to be used once in a lifetime offer

This is a Pro Stock Helmet from the Washington Capitals of ALEXANDER THE GREAT only one i have.

Helmet features Capitals logo on sides and Ovechkins #8 decal on back with nhl logo and capitals other symbol

Feel free to message me with any questions.

A MUST HAVE FOR ANY ALEX OVECHKIN FAN!!!!!

looks like the only thing they changed is the Buy It Now Price which is now $500 (orig. $600)

I got this reply from the seller today:

So don't bid on it it's from 2007 your an asshole fuck off

- stargurl2468

I sent this reply back:

Well if you don't edit the listing I'll report it to eBay. No one deserves to find out they bought a fake. Have you not seen the look on people's faces on "Pawn Stars" when they find out their prized possession isn't real. Do the right thing. You're just upset that someone called you out on it.

and her reply:

Listen mind your own buis if you don't stop I'll report you for harassment your not interested in the item and you have no life have a nice day

- stargurl2468

LOL

I'm gonna start sending her messages too. I bought a fake edge jersey and had no way to return it. I figured since it was so expensive it must be legit. Nope. Just another cheap chinese copy.....

EDIT: Here is the message that I sent her about five minutes ago.... we'll see how she responds

Dear stargurl2468,

As others have undoubtedly noticed, this (I'm assuming) retail ccm helmet was obviously not game worn by Alexander Ovechkin, and was most likely never even worn in a professional hockey game. Nobody deserves the feeling of finding out that they're item is fake. Even if this was a real helmet, the price you're charging for it is simply ludicrous. If you don't take it down immediately or edit the listing to reflect it's true nature, I will report you to ebay for fraud.

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/alex-ovechkin-of-the-washington-capitals-looks-on-during-news-photo/77615812

I'm gonna start sending her messages too.

Just report these people for fraud. That's the only thing that will stop them.

looks like the only thing they changed is the Buy It Now Price which is now $500 (orig. $600)

But the sticker went from Orange NHL to a silver NHL sticker.