Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

elle

Your favourite tipple

I don't drink much, because I usually find much better things to spend my money/time on...but when I do feel like saucin' things up a bit I tend to go for the rum and cokes; preferably Lamb's dark rum, maybe Captain Morgan sometimes. When I go for beer (which is even less frequent) I go for the harsh stuff, haha. Jockey Club, Dominion Ale, Black Horse...which most people tend to avoid.

Last time I had a Killians it tasted a bit like soap. It's a decent beer, just not flavorful or interesting enough to really want to have on a regular basis. Maybe I'll try another and see how it treats me.

My favorite cider is Newton's Folly, which I found at Trader Joe's for $1 a bottle. It's got more flavor than Hardcore cider and not as tart as Woodchuck. The Granny Smith version is way too sweet though. I think it'd make a fine Snakebite with a Harp or Bass pale ale.

Don't know if coors has changed but Killian's Irish Red was just Coors Extra Gold Draft with caramel malt added. I played with a guy who worked at the local subcontracted brewery in the Lehigh Valley. That place makes Sam Adams now.

Geary's Ales out of Portland, Me. are killer. I like the Hampshire Special Ale (we call it head smasher ale, 7% alcohol). Their London Porter is mellower, but also very, very good. I enjoy a little Knob Creek Bourbon from time to time. Portland's a hell of a place for a beer drinker!