Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chadd

2013-2014 Gear Sightings

Good eye. My guess is these would be APX2 gloves. I think I spotted the same gloves on Baertschi in a picture that showed up on Facebook.

Not sure I'm crazy about the graphics package, but then I imagine these will come in solid black as they always have.

They look like a cross between X60's and old Vapor XXX's

They look like a cross between X60's and old Vapor XXX's

A litte Vapor XXX graphic design with techniflex back roll design, fits like APX... New palm and new internal foam construction... Not sure the picture does it justice.

Anyone know what skates Byfuglien is wearing? They have a big white stripe down the side. Noticed them when Marchand undressed him a couple minutes ago on NHL network.

Anyone know what skates Byfuglien is wearing? They have a big white stripe down the side. Noticed them when Marchand undressed him a couple minutes ago on NHL network.

He not in the VH either, anymore?

those are VH skates

And under NHL rules, illegally placed. That is, of course, unless they've changed the rule book in the past two weeks.

well the article does state that the Sabres obtained a waiver from the NHL so......

well the article does state that the Sabres obtained a waiver from the NHL so......

Which makes no sense considering that they are forcing everyone to un-tuck jerseys and have numbers on the front of the helmet to make players more easily recognizable.

Which makes no sense considering that they are forcing everyone to un-tuck jerseys and have numbers on the front of the helmet to make players more easily recognizable.

you want the NHL to make sense &/or be consistent? what are you thinking? :wink:

Wouldn't shoulder letters be more noticeable during play? From the high angle camera it sorta does the same thing front helmet numbers did.

Oh dear, those new Sabres uniforms are horrid. They should have stuck with the current 3rds, or maybe used the red/black unis (not that id ever want them to go with those full-time, but its part of the history and something different at least)

And so are the Sharks new uniforms. What the crap?

9919030253_0ecf73441a_o.png

Did nobody learn from the post-first-lockout Leafs uniforms? No bottom stripe when there are stripes on the arms just looks wrong!

A litte Vapor XXX graphic design with techniflex back roll design, fits like APX... New palm and new internal foam construction... Not sure the picture does it justice.

New palm? No more digital I hope, as it makes using grip sticks a living hell. Yes, I could just use matte sticks, but I don't like how they feel.

Better yet, someone tell those Bauer guys to get a move-on with the glove customizer so I can go ahead and shower them with cash already.

Oh dear, those new Sabres uniforms are horrid. They should have stuck with the current 3rds, or maybe used the red/black unis (not that id ever want them to go with those full-time, but its part of the history and something different at least)

And so are the Sharks new uniforms. What the crap?

Did nobody learn from the post-first-lockout Leafs uniforms? No bottom stripe when there are stripes on the arms just looks wrong!

Agreed, but I believe their intent was to shave weight from the jersey by any means necessary. Still, if they wanted to do that so badly, why not lop off the numbers on the front of the jersey? Also, am I the only one who thinks the shoulder patches - which is just the shark from the front crest sans triangle - are kinda redundant? Why have three of the same logo stitched to your jersey?

New palm? No more digital I hope, as it makes using grip sticks a living hell. Yes, I could just use matte sticks, but I don't like how they feel.

You could use a different glove too. Digital and grip palms are a much better solution than grip sticks in my experience. Simply by altering the amount of pressure, you can adjust the amount that the palm sticks. With a grip stick, you don't have that kind of flexibility.

Agreed, but I believe their intent was to shave weight from the jersey by any means necessary. Still, if they wanted to do that so badly, why not lop off the numbers on the front of the jersey? Also, am I the only one who thinks the shoulder patches - which is just the shark from the front crest sans triangle - are kinda redundant? Why have three of the same logo stitched to your jersey?

Save weight? Where did you hear that?

I think the uni watch article is correct when it speculates that the new no-tucking regulation is the first step towards ads being placed on the lower rear part of the jersey.

Back in the 80's Nike struck a deal with the Oilers to be their jersey supplier (back when every team had the freedom to choose their supplier) but they put the Nike logo on the lower rear right side. As we all know, that's the side of the jersey that #99 always tucked in (somebody at Nike really screwed up that one). From what I've read Nike's first reaction was throwing a sh*t fit, but when it became obvious that Gretzky wasn't changing, they changed the logo placement of the jersey mid-season.

I can only imagine Oregon's club teams' uniforms. I know the MCLA lax team have some pretty cool ones. I wouldn't mind going across the country just to play club ice hockey and lax. That's if money wan't an issue ha.

don't get anything special... sadly