Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chadd

2013-2014 Gear Sightings

Malkin now in Covert mitts.

475399119_slide_zps19ad402e.jpg

Edit: One more.

Looks like Kesler will be debuting the Easton Synergy at the Heritage Classic. HTX is a great looking stick.

74ec4e84-3e93-498d-aeca-afe398e7903d_zps

Malkin now in Covert mitts.

475399119_slide_zps19ad402e.jpg

Edit: One more.

Looks like Kesler will be debuting the Easton Synergy at the Heritage Classic. HTX is a great looking stick.

74ec4e84-3e93-498d-aeca-afe398e7903d_zps

Him and bieksa were using it at the MIN game. I actually think that's Kesler's stick near Edler's butt in that pic. Bieksa uses white tape

I guess Lars Eller is done with Bauer. Hes mostly in Ccm/Reebok tonight, including the new tacks stick.

He's been using a ribcore (stick) since the start of the season if I remember correctly.

Now that the Stadium series is over, did anyone have a favorite jersey or goalie pads? or a least? or was it just all bad?

Personally I liked Hanks pinstripe pads and the Ducks Jerseys with a close NYR second

Vancouver and Ottawa are doing jerseys 100% correct.

As did Toronto and Detroit.

L.A. And Anaheim had nice setups as well.

Pittsburgh colors are nice, design was so-so. Chicago's scheme is clean and simple and hard to screw up.

I'd prefer both teams either go throwback or modern, not one of each like NYR NJ.

I was at the Kings game last night and noticed referee Wes McCauley is still using ICM or similar holders. How can he justify this? I know it's personal preference but how does he get steel and holders since these have not been manufactured this century? I'd imagine he does most of his own work changing steel and such since I bet no NHL EQMs have the steel or tools.

wes_mccauley_2011_11_26.jpg

http://img.spokeo.com/public/900-600/wes_mccauley_2011_11_26.jpg

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Wes+McCauley+Atlanta+Thrashers+v+New+Jersey+CWVaWNFm38Nl.jpg

http://www.spokeo.com/Wes+Mccauley+1/Jun+08+2013+Nhl+Stanley+Cup+Playoffs+Los+Angeles+Kings+At+Chicago+Blackhawks

I was at the Kings game last night and noticed referee Wes McCauley is still using ICM or similar holders. How can he justify this? I know it's personal preference but how does he get steel and holders since these have not been manufactured this century? I'd imagine he does most of his own work changing steel and such since I bet no NHL EQMs have the steel or tools.

ICM's did/do not have removable steel.

Edler using a Covert. First time I've seen him in anything other than Easton's.

475703321_slide_zpsdf910b06.jpg

And Burrows in the Ribcor.

475703351_slide_zps2fccd0fd.jpg

Actually, Edler has used NBH before. As for Burrows, are you taking about the stick being Ribcore, because I'm quite positive that's still a Covert, with a different paint job than usual for him.

JAN112008_Canucks-Coyotes09_b.jpg

Actually, Edler has used NBH before. As for Burrows, are you taking about the stick being Ribcore, because I'm quite positive that's still a Covert, with a different paint job than usual for him.

pretty sure he meant the skates

JAN112008_Canucks-Coyotes09_b.jpg

Edler's also used to use a 7500, and TO/XXXX gloves

Looks like Iginla was using the new Synergy in the Rangers/Bruins game last night, I wonder how long he has been using that. Not sure if anyone pointed this out previously but Marchand (sp?) is using a warrior now instead of the NXG.

476231031_slide.jpg

http://www.uni-watch.com/2014/03/03/a-closer-look-at-the-new-reebok-logo/

Reebok announces rebrand, fundamental change in business model. Pretty much guarantees they're moving out of hockey.

Seems like they just went from competing with Nike and Under Armour to competing with Champion and Starter, but that's just me.

I think Adidas is moving Reebok to a purely footwear and gym apparel manufacturer. It will be interesting to see if they stick with athletics in a big way as that is where Reebok started. Adidas has already effectively moved Reebok out of the extremely lucrative European soccer market. Moving everything under the Adidas banner. I'm not sure Adidas will move too far into hockey, perhaps uniforms but I think they will consolidate everything else into CCM.

The video on your link was the usual corporate jibber jabber but the new logo seems to draw more from the Adidas tri-stripe than any corporate strategy.