Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chadd

2013-2014 Gear Sightings

McGill is only Adidas for jerseys as are all they're other varsity teams, I was told last season that the hockey team is bauer's official guinea pigs, as Bauer works tightly with the engineering department and Bauer having hq nearby

Correct. They have a research program with McGill.

Kessel and Subban still rocking their S19's. Made me think of why I'm going through so many sticks whenever something new comes out..

i saw that yesterday. I guess as gear heads, were allowed to buy into the marketing hype/next new thing =)

Kessel and Subban still rocking their S19's. Made me think of why I'm going through so many sticks whenever something new comes out..

I believe Shea Weber still uses a S19 as well, his shot seems to be just ok!

Isn't it bad enough hearing what each and every player is using? Now we have to clutter this up with coaches' gear?

the only thing I want to know about what coaches use, is what kind of shampoo Babcock uses.

I believe Shea Weber still uses a S19 as well, his shot seems to be just ok!

No, he was actually using the RS2's on and off closer to the end of last season. But I'm really surprised to see him in an NXG.

181201136_slide_zps91a75f07.jpg3gew_zpsc55a7cfb.jpg

the only thing I want to know about what coaches use, is what kind of shampoo Babcock uses.

Probably the same good stuff Crawford uses, Marc has some amazing hair I tell ya.

No, he was actually using the RS2's on and off closer to the end of last season. But I'm really surprised to see him in an NXG.

Probably the same good stuff Crawford uses, Marc has some amazing hair I tell ya.

maybe they trade tips in the offseason.

Did not want to put this in the new gear thread, but a great photo

As CSN called them last night, here are the "middle aged guns" in their franken pad artwork. Green in his classic SBDIIs, Nicky what looks like Bauer Pro on the front, and Ovi. Bauer is probably trying to get the post to pull the photo!

Would love to get a pair of the Bauer Pros Backstrom has on, they look like a great minimal pad with more protection than the classic style.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/capitals-insider/wp/2013/10/01/capitals-2013-14-preview-top-story-lines/

Edit to add: at first I thought Backstrom put different caps on a pair of nexus pads but it looks like those might be a pro package.

That's all for show though, because when he's out on the street dude looks like a dirtball. When I ran the store at Novi, I got to know him and his family pretty well. Every time, he had old shoes on, tattered jeans and a well-worn cap.

Did not want to put this in the new gear thread, but a great photo

As CSN called them last night, here are the "middle aged guns" in their franken pad artwork. Green in his classic SBDIIs, Nicky what looks like Bauer Pro on the front, and Ovi. Bauer is probably trying to get the post to pull the photo!

Would love to get a pair of the Bauer Pros Backstrom has on, they look like a great minimal pad with more protection than the classic style.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/capitals-insider/wp/2013/10/01/capitals-2013-14-preview-top-story-lines/

Edit to add: at first I thought Backstrom put different caps on a pair of nexus pads but it looks like those might be a pro package.

I can't wait to see the Bauer marketing on these stats - 2 out of 3 Bauer athletes prefer a different companies shoulder caps

let me predict the next mod squad equipment trend - changing the shoulder caps of your shoulder pads

I don't think the SBDII shoulder caps are legal today, so Green wouldn't have a choice about swaping them out. They were basic thin plastic pieces with no foam covering, which doesn't conform to the rules about having foam padding over the caps.

That's all for show though, because when he's out on the street dude looks like a dirtball. When I ran the store at Novi, I got to know him and his family pretty well. Every time, he had old shoes on, tattered jeans and a well-worn cap

thats just what he wears when hes trying to disguise his super hero persona.

I can't wait to see the Bauer marketing on these stats - 2 out of 3 Bauer athletes prefer a different companies shoulder caps

let me predict the next mod squad equipment trend - changing the shoulder caps of your shoulder pads

This has been pretty common for awhile now.

Has anyone had a close look at Kester's Makos lately? I noticed that it looked like he has changed his tendon guards on his skates but not sure as I never got a close look at the skates.