Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chadd

2013-2014 Gear Sightings

looks like bauer is trying to get a foot in where gongshow is at. Just another way of building the brand from home to the rink and back if that's the case.

When you're already the dominant player in a market, you have to come up with new revenue streams in order to grow revenues and make investors happy.

The little mom and pops probably will stay away from this stuff but the bigger chains will have no problem devoting a corner to it.

Agreed. I was in a Total Hockey a while back that had a rack of the Gongshow jeans.

Any guess as to the thinking behind the name? MX3, so 3rd gen, sure 3 replaces the G, but the M? just curious.

Thought Boyd Gordon of the Oilers has a very neat way of wearing his 7k pros. Cut off the bicep guard, forgo the middle strap, tape the heck out of the slash guard.

photo2copy_zpse57d45c4.jpg

photo1_zpsb99bfb2f.jpg

That makes more sense than the "Chip Farter" I thought I saw...

Haha I saw Chip and just guessed the Foster, Googled a little bit and found the bit about the jeans.

Color me intrigued to say the least.

@Junkyard - Hard goods meaning?

This is the start of Bauer selling direct. I can't see many retailers wanting to bring this into their store and taking up valuable square footage.

It will start with the pants, then the apparel, and finally, hard goods will follow.

If it gets margins more like normal clothing and less like gear, I wouldn't be surprised to see some try it.

Any guess as to the thinking behind the name? MX3, so 3rd gen, sure 3 replaces the G, but the M? just curious.

Thought Boyd Gordon of the Oilers has a very neat way of wearing his 7k pros. Cut off the bicep guard, forgo the middle strap, tape the heck out of the slash guard.

photo2copy_zpse57d45c4.jpg

photo1_zpsb99bfb2f.jpg

Ive seen pictures from when Ian White was with the Wings where he would do something similar

Just imagine guys getting off the ice and switching to the jeans before the post game

All I know is that if it's anything even remotely close to what Chip & Pepper's jeans sell for, I won't even be looking at them let alone buying them.

Not surprised to see Bauer get into this side of the market now i've had time to digest it. I'm sure the price point will be reasonable otherwise there's no point doint it. I'll be looking to get my butt in some...

Those might be goalie skates?

I thought so too, but it didn't make sense to me to display player skates - player skates - then, boom, combo breaker, goalie skates.

They're not goalie skates. It's the picture angle

Yeah, I think the tendon guard's the bright white patch above the supreme pillow thing. It looks like the skate is rotated so the mx3 is rotated about 90-degrees from the nxg and totalOne in the shot, but it's a little hard to tell.

Not surprised to see Bauer get into this side of the market now i've had time to digest it. I'm sure the price point will be reasonable otherwise there's no point doint it. I'll be looking to get my butt in some...

keep in mind gong-show jeans sell for $100 US.

Re: Bauer and other hockey Co's getting into clothing.

See - Surf/Skate industry....

It's a little different than that industry, as their initial foray was due to them making products essential for the sport, board shorts. They then decided to get engrossed in the culture making pretty much everything. Blue jeans have nothing to do with hockey, but I get where your coming from

It's a little different than that industry, as their initial foray was due to them making products essential for the sport, board shorts. They then decided to get engrossed in the culture making pretty much everything. Blue jeans have nothing to do with hockey, but I get where your coming from

On the surface it may sound like that but as you say, what do blue jeans have to do w/ Surfing. No one in the clothing industry could have ever predicted what happened to Surf clothing. However they do sell the myth / fantasy of Surf Culture to the middle country that may not be the same as selling hockey culture. But I see a market and one that could expand. Why wouldn't a kid rather have Bauer jeans instead of Levis? As well it saves a trip for moms to be able to get hockey gear and fall clothing at the same time.

Great point JW, and the market has proven that it is willing to put up with and even embrace high end jeans. Although I highly doubt Bauer will play in the $100+ range, they will get attention if they offer their jeans at that $70-99 range.