Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chadd

2013-2014 Gear Sightings

Warrior colour matching name with team colours? (baby blue warrior on yakupov's twig)

evanderkaneandnailyakupov_2653-430x298_z

Pasquale's goal stick with the Jets is like that as well. White with blue logos.

Pasquale's goal stick with the Jets is like that as well. White with blue logos.

Companies usually color match with goalie twigs. I dont remember the last time warrior matched the WARRIOR to a teams color, its usually just the overall sticks graphics

Warrior colour matching name with team colours? (baby blue warrior on yakupov's twig)

evanderkaneandnailyakupov_2653-430x298_z

I think I would expect a deeper blue than that if they are trying to match Oilers colours.

For the record, I was at the Wings' training camp and Warrior is trying to snag Justin Abdelkader...He's got a pair of the new Covert gloves and is trying out their sticks.

Let's see, what else...

• Franzen's trying to use Warrior sticks as well as gloves...
  • Joakim Andersson told me that he's going back to all Bauer gear because that's what he used in Sweden...
  • Todd Bertuzzi's none too pleased with the sleeve-roll-down news...
  • Datsyuk's got a real RibCor, though it is of course his blade-heavy, goopily-smeared-with-burnt-hockey-tape and tactile-grip-embossed model, and he's still using the Reebok Kinetic Fit gloves with double palms...
  • Somebody pointed out to me that Niklas Kronwall uses Reebok gloves with Bauer cuffs stitched on (http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/gettyimages.com/detroit-red-wings-v-chicago-20130918-010748-877.jpg)
  • The only early adopter of the v series was Cory Emmerton, using a V9...
  • Drew Miller's sticking with the "shot blocker" pads on the backhand of his gloves;
  • Jimmy Howard claimed that he didn't need to take an inch off of his pads and that there were no changes, but it's evident that the break is softer. Jonas Gustavsson said he lost two inches and had to get a break put in, but he's happy with his pads and he actually looks more mobile;
  • Jared Coreau said that he'd be breaking in pads that were an inch shorter after training camp, and yes, the "KW" approval signature is frickin' evident everywhere. No news from Petr Mrazek as to whether his gear's going to be chopped down;
  • A significant portion of the Wings' prospects are OK with their Reebok-mandated gear, but Tomas Jurco was using Warrior gloves and an Easton stick while taking part in the prospect tournament and main camp, and Calle Jarnkrok said he was having a rough time adjusting from Bauer to Reebok;
  • Teemu Pulkkinen and Marek Tvrdon cut the cuff protection out of their gloves, and Andreas Athanasiou literally likes the palm of his top hand glove half-ripped as he says it gives him a better feel for the puck;
  • At the alumni game, Ken Holland's set-up was hilarious: a Chris Osgood Vaughn catch glove, a Dominik Hasek era TPS blocker, a Vaughn stick, a Cooper SK2000 and HM30 cage and what must have been 26-inch Jofa pads from 1985. He was terrifying to watch;
  • Mike Babcock and capologist Ryan Martin, who rocked a two-piece Easton stick, were among the only people at the alumni game who wore visors. Jim Paek did, too;
  • Grand Rapids Griffins coach Jeff Blashill played goal and had a pair of Joey MacDonald's old Vaughn pads and Mrazek's old gloves--and he played like Billy Ranford;
  • Aside from his own catch glove and helmet, Osgood was wearing Petr Mrazek's gear;
  • In terms of gear reps making appearances, during the summer camp, a Bauer guy brought sticks; during the prospect tournament, Jake Paeterson's Reebok-CCM rep and a Vaughn rep brought goalie gear, and right before the alumni game, an Easton rep had oodles of V9, V9e etc. sticks at hand for the players and coaches, but the only convert he found was Wings chief scout Jeff Finley.

Franzen's sticking with the Warrior gloves, but was using his Easton Mako at times because he said he literally ran out of sticks. He's probably going to continue going back and forth, and as a Wings fan as well as someone who went up to the camp as a pretend journalist, I'll admit that the fact that the puck bounces off his Easton blade so regularly annoys the hell out of me.

For the record, I was at the Wings' training camp and Warrior is trying to snag Justin Abdelkader...He's got a pair of the new Covert gloves and is trying out their sticks.

Let's see, what else...

• Franzen's trying to use Warrior sticks as well as gloves...
  • Joakim Andersson told me that he's going back to all Bauer gear because that's what he used in Sweden...
  • Todd Bertuzzi's none too pleased with the sleeve-roll-down news...
  • Datsyuk's got a real RibCor, though it is of course his blade-heavy, goopily-smeared-with-burnt-hockey-tape and tactile-grip-embossed model, and he's still using the Reebok Kinetic Fit gloves with double palms...
  • Somebody pointed out to me that Niklas Kronwall uses Reebok gloves with Bauer cuffs stitched on (http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/gettyimages.com/detroit-red-wings-v-chicago-20130918-010748-877.jpg)
  • The only early adopter of the v series was Cory Emmerton, using a V9...
  • Drew Miller's sticking with the "shot blocker" pads on the backhand of his gloves;
  • Jimmy Howard claimed that he didn't need to take an inch off of his pads and that there were no changes, but it's evident that the break is softer. Jonas Gustavsson said he lost two inches and had to get a break put in, but he's happy with his pads and he actually looks more mobile;
  • Jared Coreau said that he'd be breaking in pads that were an inch shorter after training camp, and yes, the "KW" approval signature is frickin' evident everywhere. No news from Petr Mrazek as to whether his gear's going to be chopped down;
  • A significant portion of the Wings' prospects are OK with their Reebok-mandated gear, but Tomas Jurco was using Warrior gloves and an Easton stick while taking part in the prospect tournament and main camp, and Calle Jarnkrok said he was having a rough time adjusting from Bauer to Reebok;
  • Teemu Pulkkinen and Marek Tvrdon cut the cuff protection out of their gloves, and Andreas Athanasiou literally likes the palm of his top hand glove half-ripped as he says it gives him a better feel for the puck;
  • At the alumni game, Ken Holland's set-up was hilarious: a Chris Osgood Vaughn catch glove, a Dominik Hasek era TPS blocker, a Vaughn stick, a Cooper SK2000 and HM30 cage and what must have been 26-inch Jofa pads from 1985. He was terrifying to watch;
  • Mike Babcock and capologist Ryan Martin, who rocked a two-piece Easton stick, were among the only people at the alumni game who wore visors. Jim Paek did, too;
  • Grand Rapids Griffins coach Jeff Blashill played goal and had a pair of Joey MacDonald's old Vaughn pads and Mrazek's old gloves--and he played like Billy Ranford;
  • Aside from his own catch glove and helmet, Osgood was wearing Petr Mrazek's gear;
  • In terms of gear reps making appearances, during the summer camp, a Bauer guy brought sticks; during the prospect tournament, Jake Paeterson's Reebok-CCM rep and a Vaughn rep brought goalie gear, and right before the alumni game, an Easton rep had oodles of V9, V9e etc. sticks at hand for the players and coaches, but the only convert he found was Wings chief scout Jeff Finley.

Literally fascinating, especially the Kronwall frankengloves. thanks for posting.

Oh. Those are nice. It will be interesting if hockey follow football and starts using more highlighter-esqe colors.

that could go good, or bad. the Oil Kings touches are pretty well done.

Oh. Those are nice. It will be interesting if hockey follow football and starts using more highlighter-esqe colors.

I am all for brighter colors than the blacks and navys that we have seen so much of lately, but I don't know that neon or highlighter colors are something I want to see across the leagues. Rarely are people able to pull off those looks well.