Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
akravetz

Reebok 8K helmet

Reebok 8K helmet

Me: Me: 5'5, 155 pounds, C leaguer. Learned to play as an adult and been playing for about four years now. Mostly on Defense.

Helmet: Medium
Fit: 7/10
I came from an old CCM helmet which is ancient, so old that much of the padding is gone so when I had a chance to upgrade to a 8K which I was told was a pretty good helmet, I jumped. It's not as easy to adjust as my son's helmet, a Bauer 4500, but it's not bad. The helmet has that tab system where you push up the tabs and move it to fit your head. It sticks a bit so you need to push a bit hard but not too bad. Reebok calls it a Fit Clip. There is also a dial at the back which can adjust the circumstance of the helmet. I like that a lot as i have a weird shaped head (no jokes) and it allows me to get a snug yet not too tight feel. I The difficulty of the Fit Clip is what led to a lower than excellent rating.
Protection.
I don't know how to rate this as I haven't been clobbered on the head nor been slammed to the ice. I will say it did take a stick to my cage pretty well and the shock was dispersed well throughout the helmet. The helmet has these really nice foam pads on the inside that gives it a well cushioned feel. I have used a 4500 from Bauer and again, my old CCM. The 8K by far has most cushiony feel to it.
Weight: 9/10
Very light helmet. I have a big cage on my helmet (it's a Bauer transplant onto a Reebok helmet) and you don't even notice the helmet on your head. It breathes well and is very light. My old CCM used to have some slippage from sweat but the Reebok stays dialed in. Tight but not painful and light enough not to notice.
Durability. 8/10
Used in 10 league games so far and it still looks new. Behind that, I can't comment.
Intangibles 9/10
I really like this helmet. I feel safer in it and I like the look. It's not as heavy, breathes well and just feels good. I can't put it into words beyond that i just like it.
Overall, the helmet is pretty good. and it looks sharp as well.
  • Like 1