Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RadioGaGa

The "You Got Hurt Doing What?" Thread (Discuss strange injuries)

From what I heard he isn't going to miss five weeks, he is expected to recover fully in five weeks from today, might be wrong though.

That has to be one of the strangest injuries I have ever seen, possibly second to Clint Barmes of the Colorado Rockies falling down some stairs carrying a package of deer meat from Todd Helton. Broke his collar bone.

I remember when I was younger Don Cherry going off on the Penguins organization. Mario had just come back after being out for an extensive period of time due to a back injury. Almost immediately upon his return he was back out after reinjuring/straining his back tying his skates. Cherry's point was the Pens should have had/paid someone to tie his skates for him, it would have saved the organization a ton of cash wasted having Mario sidelined again.

It is alleged that Larry Bird broke a bone in his hand in a bar fight during the 1985 playoffs. What isn't alleged is he tweaked his back starting his leaf blower, leading Kevin McHale to question whether millionaires should be allowed to do their own leaf blowing.

Wade Boggs wrenched his back pulling on his cowboy boots.

Brian Griese got knocked over by his dog going down the stairs, which was scoffed, but I've nearly wrenched a knee while trying to avoid my cat who was trying to rub against my leg while we were on the stairs.

Similar to the leaf blower Larry Bird Incident, Sakic jacked up his hand in a snow http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/In-the-battle-of-snowblower-vs-Joe-Sakic-snowb?urn=nhl,128200blower . I also remember Leetch breaking his ankle getting out of a taxi http://www.nytimes.com/1993/03/21/sports/hockey-leetch-breaks-his-ankle-in-freak-accident.html ,

While playing for the Yankees, Wilson Betemit popped up a ball and while trying to run it out he threw his own bat in front of him and stepped on it. I forgot if he sprained his foot or broke a bone but i know he missed a bit of time.

I saw that video of the Pens ending practice playing ice-baseball when the Pirates made the playoffs. It looked like an injury waiting to happen.