Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

coryroth24

Ball-less Soccer

Quote from the source of the article - "This Is That is a current affairs program that doesn't just talk about the issues, it fabricates them. "

This is ridiculous; however, I don't know if it's true. Pat Kelly and Peter Oldring (the two repoters) used to have a show on the Comedy Network called "Good Morning World" where they would essentially make up ridiculous news story and pretend the were real stories. It was a very mindless and funny show, but went off the air around 4-5 years ago. I haven't heard about them getting picked up by anybody since, so maybe CBC picked them up and they're doing the same kind of thing? That's the only thing I can think of, and if you know the show you'll realize they are a very absurd duo haha. They are both Canadian so it would make sense that CBC picked them up, but that's really the only thing I can think of, and there is really no facts behind other than there past. If this story is real, it is probably one of the dumbest things I have ever heard.

Here's a link of them to back up my point. As you can see; it is a very weird show haha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPGwvcY2e7o

the first time i heard "this is that" on the radio, i almost called in after they shared a story about the calgary aquarium closing after "only 8 months of operation". when asked how the aquarium planned on dispersing the marine life, the spokesman said "it's a grill-off. you bring your family down, pick a marine animal from one of the tanks and we'll grill it up for you". i had no idea the show was a farce until the next segment, which focused on how CSIS (the lame canadian version of the CIA) spent millions of dollars on custom ray-bans, leather jackets, ducati motor cycles and "custom burberry fedoras" in order to "look the part"

hilarious show, if you're in on the joke.

LOL! The sad part is, it's believable with all the BS out there about getting trophies just for showing up and all the other crap people are coming up with so that kids won't have their feelings hurt...