Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

iceman8310

americas cup

I watched the first couple races, haven't seen it on TV since then. It looked like they have a better boat and a better tactician.

The U.S. team had some guys disqualified, and started the series with a -2 penalty, which didn't help. The Kiwis' boat seems a bit faster, and they're outracing the other team.

I wish there was more coverage of it. It's a pretty interesting event. Also now with the big cats hopefully that will spark more interest. The funny thing I find is that Oracle is pretty much a Kimi boat as well. Most of their sailors are from New Zealand.

The 72s are pretty gnarly, but not so much when they capsize.

Yeah, they had to. The last score I remember before their streak was 8-2, bad guys.

Looks like it was 8 in a row. They kept making changes to Oracle until it was too fast to beat, it seems.

Looks like it was 8 in a row. They kept making changes to Oracle until it was too fast to beat, it seems.

And people say throwing money at problems isn't the best way to solve them.

well in reality Oracle is really a Aussie and Kiwi crew. In 2003 the Challenger of Record, removed the nationality rule that stipulated that all of the crew members must be nationals of the challenging syndicate.

So New Zealand beat New Zealand

Oracle had an American on board.

I miss the old rules where the boat had to be from the country of origin. I did have a friend on Oracle. He's not from the USA but they don't have a team so it worked out. The America's Cup is now the Formula One of Sailboat racing