Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bar down

no more jersey tucking

I was keeping an eye on Habs/Sabres players last night...still a few with sleeves over elbows....not really extreme...but enough that they will probably get a memo from the League.

One thing I did see was a player in the box and his girdle padding was showing just above the knee. Not sure if it was because he was sitting and his shell had shifted...or if it was something the League would also look to mandate...longer shells for guys who don't wear traditional pants.

I find it humourus that tucked in jerseys and sleeve cuffs are a fixable "Safety" issues...but they can't seem to mandate visors! I can't recall the last player to get injured from a stray jersey hem!

I find it humourus that tucked in jerseys and sleeve cuffs are a fixable "Safety" issues...but they can't seem to mandate visors! I can't recall the last player to get injured from a stray jersey hem!

I believe that the uniform regulations were already in place, they were simply ignored. The number of guys that have been pushing their sleeves up has also increased over the last few years. The thing that actually surprises me is that they didn't choose to add in a fee for manufacturers, like they do for gloves, pants, etc...

I tuck the back of my jersey in, I hate it when it's out and loose and I feel the tug when it gets caught on my pants leaning forward sometimes

Can somebody explain, or post a link that explains, how having your jersey tucked in or having your sleeves pulled up on your elbow pads is a safety issue?

The ironic thing is that they don't want guys using "oversize" jerseys and they also don't want pads sticking out of the jerseys. It seems like guys like Ovi are going to have issues with some of the added protection they use on the spine pad.

Exposed skin.

How much protection does the NHL think jerseys afford a player?

I would hate for a rule like this to be enforced in my league. I don't tuck my jersey, but I can't stand having my jersey sleeves in my gloves. It's a feel thing.

How much protection does the NHL think jerseys afford a player?

I would hate for a rule like this to be enforced in my league. I don't tuck my jersey, but I can't stand having my jersey sleeves in my gloves. It's a feel thing.

A lot of people say "I could/would never..." but if you stop thinking about it and ignore, you can adapt pretty quickly.

With how high the spine pad is on most pants these days more often than not jerseys get tucked unintentionally. Like Ovy said, is he going to get fined for skating? What's next, guys aren't going to be able to wear their shoulder pads from midget because they aren't protective enough, despite fitting soft cap guidelines?

Caught the shootout portion of last night's caps preseason game. Ovi had his jersey untucked, but his sleeves seemed like they were pulled up even higher than normally does. Passive- aggressive maybe?

That may be a down-the-road idea, but I still think the first place ads go is shoulders and chest, like most teams have done with practice jerseys, and the AHL does...although I've never understood (and there's lots of things I don't understand) why they have ads on practice jerseys that don't get nearly the exposure Game Jerseys get.

A revenue stream is a revenue stream. Some sponsors may think getting on the practice jerseys will give them the inside track when it comes time to have ads on game jerseys.

I'd actually like to come across some Pro Practice jerseys with ads on them for sale. Some just look cool. Home Depot on the Leafs...(not that I'd buy a Leafs jersey)...Subway on the Habs.

Thank Ovechkin for this rule.

Guy stitches a shoulder pads chest piece to his pants then tucks his jersey in it. The majority of the time it was so deep you couldn't make out his number.

Thank Ovechkin for this rule.

Guy stitches a shoulder pads chest piece to his pants then tucks his jersey in it. The majority of the time it was so deep you couldn't make out his number.

That's not because he tucked it deep, it's because he has a large pad going up his back to protect from cross checks.

Everyone knows who it is, and there's typically Numbers on the sleeves and front of the helmet. You don't need it on the back to tell who it is.

My assumption the tuck rule is step one to placing ads on sweaters.

The play-by-play guys on TSN tonight (names escape me) seem to agree with us.

The play-by-play guys on TSN tonight (names escape me) seem to agree with us.

I saw this as well, they pointed out to a time when the boards didnt have ads and now its odd to see them without them. It also seemed players were tucking their jerseys into the side a little bit and getting away with it.

I've wondered...the guys who extreme tuck (like Ovi)...are they not tying down...or do they have a loop sewn inside the jersey to tie the strap too...? And, if not, is the rule about tie downs specific to fights...or could an opposing coach ask a ref to check (a la illegal stick) a players jersey?