Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bar down

no more jersey tucking

Has the League softened on this rule? I recall a few calls early in the year...but watching Habs/Bruins and on the same line, Bergeron has the back of his jersey tucked and Marchand has his sleeves pulled up almost to his elbows.

It seems to have been ignored at least as much as the tougher enforcement on interference.

That has been going on for the last several years.

Believe it or not the St. Pete Times Forum has a Tim Horton stand. It sells coffee only though, no donuts. I'm sure their profit margin isn't huge but hockey fans in Tampa have had access to Timmy's coffee since last season.

So does Jobing.com arena, home of the Coyotes.

Believe it or not the St. Pete Times Forum has a Tim Horton stand. It sells coffee only though, no donuts. I'm sure their profit margin isn't huge but hockey fans in Tampa have had access to Timmy's coffee since last season.

So does Jobing.com arena, home of the Coyotes.

really?? I think it's time I went to go see a coyotes game. ASAP.

Sounds like it would be an excellent roadie especially this time of year.

heh I'm in SoCal, so PHX would actually be a step down, weather-wise. :P

That makes sense for Phoenix and Tampa considering how many Canadian snow birds go there in the winter.

I agree.

IIRC San Jose also has one.

The day they have advertizing on NHL jerseys is the day hockey in the USA starts its decent into hell, IMHO.

I think the european teams look incredibly stupid with all the advertising. Stupid, stupid, stupid.....

In Europe, especially the smaller market leagues, the jersey advertising/sponsorship is a financial lifeline. I don't believe the NHL requires this. The NHL is already a big enough business. I mean they already changed the rules to allow TV commercial breaks during play! They charge equipment companies to let players wear their gear and control TV broadcast agreements tightly.

Here in the UK the top league has to basically take any TV deal they can (currently one tiny cable sports channel who's weekly round-up show is mostly filmed by fans as they only have one broadcast unit) and really struggle to bring in cash. The league is sponsored by a legal firm and most uniform sponsors the teams have are for local small businesses. The plus side of this is that the teams are close to the community.

The NHL is the pinnacle of the sport and I think its kind of nice that the shirts are sponsor free.

Ya, I hear you. No disrespect for the Europeans. I just think it cheapens the sport and detracts from the tradition of the game. I'd prefer to leave that to the NASCAR folks. JMHO, of course, and Im a little weird in that I cut tags off of my carhartts and sharpie in the logos on my baseball caps. I bought the hat from UA, no need for me to walk around advertising for them..:)

In Europe, especially the smaller market leagues, the jersey advertising/sponsorship is a financial lifeline. I don't believe the NHL requires this. The NHL is already a big enough business. I mean they already changed the rules to allow TV commercial breaks during play! They charge equipment companies to let players wear their gear and control TV broadcast agreements tightly.

Here in the UK the top league has to basically take any TV deal they can (currently one tiny cable sports channel who's weekly round-up show is mostly filmed by fans as they only have one broadcast unit) and really struggle to bring in cash. The league is sponsored by a legal firm and most uniform sponsors the teams have are for local small businesses. The plus side of this is that the teams are close to the community.

The NHL is the pinnacle of the sport and I think its kind of nice that the shirts are sponsor free.

A bigger league just means that there is more potential money to go around. Frankly, I don't see how it doesn't happen eventually.

A bigger league just means that there is more potential money to go around. Frankly, I don't see how it doesn't happen eventually.

I heard an interview with some sports talking head who said it was absolutely, positively coming to the NBA soon. Not that I care about the NBA mind you, but I reckon youre right that we'll see it in the NHL eventually too. Money makes the world go round I s'pose.