Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chadd

Chicago Blackhawks 2013-2014

Just got that link from a friend. Bollig is awesome. The humility of players is just one of the many things that makes this such a great sport. Seeing those guys not take each other seriously is such a breath of fresh air.

when he goes sliding through on his stomach i lost it..

Yeah, that was the point where I almost fell out of my chair

Hossa, Crawford, and Handzus will play in the season opener. Stanton was claimed off waivers by the Canucks.

Nordstrom will start on the fourth line.

Handzus and Kostka have been moved to long-term IR.

Jimmy Hayes & Dylan Olsen have been traded to Florida for Lefebre & Versteeg.

I like Versteeg, but he doesn't help them get any bigger.

Maybe they don't get bigger but they do get deeper offensively, if that's possible.

And with that injury tonight, we may have seen the last of Nikolai Khabibulin in the NHL. He has not been effective in the games where he has played and they are going to have to find someone else to backup Crawford.

It doesn't look good. I was guessing the left hip adductor.

Raanta may be getting a call right now, since Hutton's on the other team.

Build a little momentum and Crawford gives up a goal. Really happy that they gave him $6 million a year, :facepalm:

I think we all agreed about the money.

This loss was a team effort, on both ends of the ice. Crawford's having a good year.

In the games that I have seen, he hasn't looked any better this year than he did last year. His good year is again a result of playing behind a stacked team. He still has an amazing ability to drain away any momentum the team can build. And I agree that the entire team contributed to that loss, the Oduya and Hjalmarsson pairing is only a good one when they have the puck and a liability when they don't.

Crawford's out for 3 weeks with a groin injury. Kent Simpson has been called up from Rockford to back up Raanta. His numbers fall short of impressive.

Crawford's out for 3 weeks with a groin injury. Kent Simpson has been called up from Rockford to back up Raanta. His numbers fall short of impressive.

What other option was there? Carruth. He is even worse. As bad as this sounds....I hope Carruth never sees NHL time with the Hawks. He has a worse glove and mental case than Crawford ever did. I'm okay with Raanta as long as the defense can clean up his messes. Raanta seems athletic and has some step to him, but he is still raw. Gives up awkward rebounds and needs to better his puck handling. Simpson will just have to do for now.