Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IPv6Freely

Toronto Maple Leafs 2013-2014

This Leafs season kind of reminds me of a certain first "girl friend" who summarized our short time dating. "It started well but what happened"?

Well the towels the fans have thrown in are so stained by poor play they need to be soaked in gas and burnt. Ufffff

Next year. There is always next year.

San Jose pulled the "C" off of Marleau's chest years ago.

Was that before or after they got Thornton? (Did they take it from Marleau and give it straight to Thornton, or was the captaincy vacant for some amount of time?)

It was after. They had actually removed Marleau's "C" and Thornton's "A" at the same time at the end of the '08-09 playoffs. Thornton was named captain at the start of the '10-11 season.

It was after. They had actually removed Marleau's "C" and Thornton's "A" at the same time at the end of the '08-09 playoffs. Thornton was named captain at the start of the '10-11 season.

Well I guess it wouldn't be unprecedented then. I don't think he's C material, but I'm not sure anyone else on the team is either. I think the only one even close is Lupul. I guess Kessel if you're into a non-leading leader (I'm personally not a fan of just handing your top scorer the C). Or I guess it could just be vacant.

I agree; Phaneuf is definitely not captain material. It would be hard to just strip the "C" off of him but something really does have to be done. What the Leafs need, and have always needed since Sundin left is a legitimate captain that can take them deep into the playoffs (or at least into them). I agree with Optimus that Lupul would probably be the best bet right now, but I still don't think it would be best for the Leafs. Doesn't help that the poor guy is made of glass either. Hopefully this summer something is done, because these summers where nothing is happening is starting to get old. Year after year they do nothing in the off-season, and year after year they wonder why they still aren't performing.

I agree; Phaneuf is definitely not captain material. It would be hard to just strip the "C" off of him but something really does have to be done. What the Leafs need, and have always needed since Sundin left is a legitimate captain that can take them deep into the playoffs (or at least into them). I agree with Optimus that Lupul would probably be the best bet right now, but I still don't think it would be best for the Leafs. Doesn't help that the poor guy is made of glass either. Hopefully this summer something is done, because these summers where nothing is happening is starting to get old. Year after year they do nothing in the off-season, and year after year they wonder why they still aren't performing.

Are clark or gilmour with the team in any way? I know people talk about the cujo/sudin years but the 1993 team was something special too. Yeah they didn't make the finals but that team had grit and great coaching. Very unfortunate that Mr. Burns passed. He would be perfect behind the bench.

Are clark or gilmour with the team in any way? I know people talk about the cujo/sudin years but the 1993 team was something special too. Yeah they didn't make the finals but that team had grit and great coaching. Very unfortunate that Mr. Burns passed. He would be perfect behind the bench.

Clark is still with the team, Gilmour is the former coach and current GM of the Kingston Frontenacs. I'm not sure if he has any interest in coaching in the NHL, but I like to think the players would respond well to him.

Good game for the most part last night. Leafs were the better team for most of the first 40, but Boston just knows how to turn it on in the 3rd. Their goal differential in 3rd periods is off the charts.

Sucks about Bernier, though. Out 3 weeks with a sprained MCL.