Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MrData

Public Service Announcement for T90 (and T100) lovers

So I e-mailed Sher-Wood about the latest version of the T90 (which was released at around the same time as the T100) to know if there were actual structural differences between the latest and earlier versions. This was the answer sent to me by Sher-Wood's Michael Soule:

There are structural differences in the newer and older versions of the T90. The original T90 was a fused one-piece stick, while the new T90 is a spear-shaft. Also, the newer T90’s have the VRF.2 foam in the blade (same as EK15 and T100) which make for a durable blade which offers a more tangible feel for the puck. The new T90 also has the torsion control area similar to the T100, the older version does not.

Those are some pretty awesome features for a $130 stick. Same blade core as Sher-Wood's top-end sticks, same construction as the T100. It seems like the only differences between the updated T90 and the T100 are the shaft shape and weight. I'm planning to pick one up soon, and I'll definitely put up a review.

If you get to use one, please let me know. Would love to see a review. BTW, we should call it something beside just the T90, maybe the T90 v2.0?

i dont think it will be the same exact blade as the ek15 as that ones supposed to be hand woven or whatever they are marketing that as, but it probably makes sense for them to use the same foam. Either way, something that was already a sweet value to so many, might become an even better value =)

If you get to use one, please let me know. Would love to see a review. BTW, we should call it something beside just the T90, maybe the T90 v2.0?

T90 V2.0 sounds good. I'll definitely put up a review. Disclaimer: You'll be getting the point of view of a C/D level beer-leaguer, so take it with a grain of salt. At least I'll have some decent sticks to compare it to (pro stock 11k and retail TO).

i dont think it will be the same exact blade as the ek15 as that ones supposed to be hand woven or whatever they are marketing that as, but it probably makes sense for them to use the same foam. Either way, something that was already a sweet value to so many, might become an even better value =)

Bad wording on my part. I meant same blade core/foam as the top-end sticks.