Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jayseph101

new skate foot pain

I bought new skates recently, My right foot kills me.I've had them baked when I first got them,not sure it made a huge difference if I did or not.I have superfeet inserts and alot of people seem to swear by them, for me they don't seem to work. Would Dr Scholls insets help? Work better? Or some other sport insoles?

Easton eq50s. More towards the outside of my right foot. I have a regular arch, my foot is somewhat wide. My last pair I had I bought a long time ago, they sat in my closet for years after maybe 3-6 months with light use. then I started up pretty aggressive. for about a year n half, I ended up warping the boots. That's why I think I get the pain with these new stiffer boots

Sounds like the width of your foot is the problem. Is your right foot the bigger foot? Are you in the EE width? Tried baking the skates (if they are recommended to be baked)?

Here is a good thread on the different footbeds:

http://www.modsquadhockey.com/forums/index.php/topic/64281-foot-bed-comparison-superfeet-vs-graf-sidas-vs-ccm/?hl=footbeds

I have had all kinds of battles with my present skates, and am trying all types of different remedies. Tomorrow, I get this special gel that the figure skaters use, this might be helpful to line that part of the boot, but then you make the volume issue worse.

I outline my solution to foot discomfort issues (seems so common that it is ridiculous- I just have hard time accepting that comfort and performance are so diametrically opposed that we all must suffer) at the bottom (11th reply) of this thread, but we will see if anyone in the industry is listening:

http://www.modsquadhockey.com/forums/index.php/topic/64387-troy-lee-padded-shirt/

If its the outside of the food (specifically the outside edge of the ball of your foot), perhaps just try not tightening the laces so much in that area.

With my skates, the first two eyelets are tight, the next four or so are just snug, and then the rest are tight. If I don't do this, I get pain along the outer edge of my feet.

EE skates may have helped me, but then I'd be looking at an EE heel as well, which is not what I want. But I have no pain anymore now that I've discovered the best tightness for my laces.

To second what OptimusReim said, try some variations with your lace-tightening. On occasion, I crank down way to hard on my laces, and a few shifts into the game, I feel it. I'll miss if shift if necessary to spend a minute retying. It's worth the time.

I'm in a EE Nexus boot, which, at first, seemed too roomy in the toe box and a hair wide in the heel, but I need the EE for the widest part of my foot. Some trial and error on which eyelets to crank and which to tighten superficially was all it took.

Good luck with your EQ50's