Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chippa13

Colorado Avalanche

If you had another dollar for women who stayed with their husbands after a domestic incident then you would have a lot of other dollars. It is also very difficult for local authorities to pursue a domestic case without the wife's cooperation. I don't know that Roy did or didn't do anything and it really isn't any of my business either way.

The charges against Varlamov are concerning but outside of whether or not he is able to continue playing for the Avalanche it really makes no difference in my world.

I don't believe that there was any massive concealment of my feelings other than the fact that Roy is a tender whom I've always enjoyed watching play and paid money to watch coach recently. I felt, as did several others I've spoken to, that the parallels were humorous.

Chippa, absolutely correct.

I'm surprised that the Avs started Varlamov last night. I can see Roy wanting to use the "us against the world" motivation, but this seems to be one of those circumstances in which management might overrule him wanting to avert a likely PR disaster. At what point do the floodgates open with letters to the editor and battered women's groups marching in front of the rink? Or maybe the team is already working with Varlamov behind the scenes to come up with a private settlement with his girlfriend in exchange for dropped charges and no public statements. That seems to happen for more often than not: cash changes hands, charges are dropped and there is a quiet divorce if they are married or a separation with no further public statements.