Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MikeWhy

I need curve help

So I use the backstrom curve and love it but I've been trying to stick handle faster. Now, I play roller but i don't like the mission sticks or anything. I want an ice stick. I have an apx backstrom but from what a former pro roller player whos helping me work on my stickhandling, he says since the roller puck is lighter and the ground has more friction, the open-ness of the blade will make the puck flip, which is true. I'm wondering if there are any curves that are completely closed but have a good hard toe/mid curve like the backstrom. One with a rocker would be nice but beggers cant be choosers. Thanks in advance guys.

Kovalchuk and Iginla are closed. Kovy is a big hook, Iginla is a pretty tame pattern.

The new Mission sticks are the same as Supreme One.8 just a different paint job.

I'd definitely advise you to have a look at the gionta curve. Otherwise a p88 could be good as well.

I agree with the guys above Iggy is a very good mid curve that I would consider pretty closed. The Gionta is more of a toe and is closed just the same,

Thanks for the help guys, i think i might try the gionta soon or give the p88 another shot.

Kovalchuk and Iginla are closed. Kovy is a big hook, Iginla is a pretty tame pattern.

The new Mission sticks are the same as Supreme One.8 just a different paint job.

Really??? Any source or way you know this?

Check the comments; assuming the guys from IW are telling the truth and not overgeneralizing, then this Mission (Stir D1) is same as Supreme One.8. Not sure about the Stir D5, if it aligns with any of the Supremes.

Been a long time since I made this thread but can somebody tell me if the retail kovalchuk is a toe or mid curve? Coming from the toews (the curve i wound up choosing), how much would i have to adjust. I love the warrior LT LE stick that just came out and want to try it

Kovalchuk is a mid. Why not try the Chara W14. It's supposed to be similar to the Toews from what I recall. Someone else may need to confirm, but I believe that's accurate.

Kovalchuk is a mid. Why not try the Chara W14. It's supposed to be similar to the Toews from what I recall. Someone else may need to confirm, but I believe that's accurate.

I'm trying to hinder away from more open blades. Otherwise I would go for the yakupov as its a true toe curve which i like but I want to start controlling my shots better with a more closed curve

And the p92 just feels funny in my hands which you would think would be the simple solution.

the p92/henrique is open also. your warrior options would be the burrows, kovalchuk and the zetterberg.

a lot of it is probably shooting mechanics if you are having trouble controlling your shot. try filming yourself shooting to see if you are following through, if your hands are in good position, and that you aren't handcuffing yourself in the follow through.

the p92/henrique is open also. your warrior options would be the burrows, kovalchuk and the zetterberg.

a lot of it is probably shooting mechanics if you are having trouble controlling your shot. try filming yourself shooting to see if you are following through, if your hands are in good position, and that you aren't handcuffing yourself in the follow through.

A lot of time, it's also a matter of starting the shot too far forward. Moving the puck farther back in your stance often helps life the puck as you have the puck on your blade longer.

A lot of time, it's also a matter of starting the shot too far forward. Moving the puck farther back in your stance often helps life the puck as you have the puck on your blade longer.

I'm told I pull it back too far(like making my wind up long and predictable) And the weird thing is this hasn't always been the issue, I used to be able to shoot better when i just started compared to know which i find weird, but its probably because I take short cuts and sometimes just flick it as opposed to shooting it, i dont know. I'll do the camera thing. Maybe what I really need to do is start bending my knees more. As I type I feel like thats a habit that has changed.

Regarding the p92 being open still, i kinda meant that its is open but not crazy open to what I have used i.e the bauer ovi. & toews. so you would think it would be something I can manage.

Even if/when I correct my shooting, I am worried about the stick handling issue which is the main reason I want a more closed blade. The Kovy looks like something I will like but I can't get a good picture of it.