Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mew1838

Can my skate be repaired?

The toebox (&tongue) of my vector 10.0s completely came off the outsole. I tried using glue but it came off again after half a game. Can this be fixed? If so, does anyone want to help me with this?

4kqd.jpg
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I have just recently seen something like this fixed. The guy took the runner off, glued the toe box on then wrapped it in a carbon fibre / kevlar hybrid mat and then reattached the runner.

Whilst I initially thought it was a lot of effort for nothing, it does have an interesting spin off. There have been some other posts about better toe boxes and more protection, this was an interesting answer that the guy reckons increased the strength of the toe box hugely. Downside is the risk of it cracking from a really big puck impact but if it saves you from broken toes then it would be worth it.

If these are your skates, I can't begin to imagine what your car looks like.

JK.

Get some new skates before your toes get amputated on ice and then you can't skate ever again.

I have just recently seen something like this fixed. The guy took the runner off, glued the toe box on then wrapped it in a carbon fibre / kevlar hybrid mat and then reattached the runner.

Whilst I initially thought it was a lot of effort for nothing, it does have an interesting spin off. There have been some other posts about better toe boxes and more protection, this was an interesting answer that the guy reckons increased the strength of the toe box hugely. Downside is the risk of it cracking from a really big puck impact but if it saves you from broken toes then it would be worth it.

Did you mean holder?

The same thing happened to my inline skates; I might have to try this carbon repair.

Did you mean holder?

The same thing happened to my inline skates; I might have to try this carbon repair.

Yes, I meant the holder. You take it off so you can wrap the mat around the whole toe cap, then lay the front pieces over and around. Once you are finished, drill out the mat where the mounting holes are and rivet the holder back on.