Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MikeWhy

So I have NXG gloves and..

So I have TotalONE Nxg gloves and they stink and the yellow liner is starting to brown. What is the best possible way to go about washing them. I simply described the odor and liner to emphasize i dont want to just skip out on washing them. Advice?

If you don't want to put them in the tub or the wash you could always hose them off and let them dry out in the sun.

Prevention is key. That being said, Reebok has a nice spray deodoriser that Tron sells cheaply. The other solutions listed must work, as there are so many concurring statements.

I pop a blow dryer nozzle into my gloves, turn the blower on cool and let it go to town. Once in awhile I have to spray with the Reebok anti-schtink, but these definitely smell better than what they would after moderate use. I wear mine a minimum of three times per week two hours per day even on public skate sessions.

I suggest sendiing them to a Sani Sport location and getting them cleaned.

Curious; How long have you had these and how often do you skate?

I suggest sendiing them to a Sani Sport location and getting them cleaned.

Curious; How long have you had these and how often do you skate?

I've had them since about a week after they were released so around april ish? Maybe may or even june. Around there. And I use them about 4 times a week, sometimes for 3 or 4 hours. I play on a lot of in house teams and sub fairly often for teams im not even on.

And I've come to the conclusion guys that tomorrow I will be getting some barbosol and will be handwashing them and leaving them out to dry

I've taken to washing my gear in the tub with generous amounts of oxyclean powder poured directly on the equipment then rubbed by hand. The results have been great everytime. I've gotten three years out of my bauer 4 rolls doing this. I'm about to wear through the palm and so I have bought another pair of 4 rolls and will not hesitate to do this treatment again.

I tried the barbasol once, and found it left a slime that was gross and took a game or two to go away. Plus, that won't do anything for your liner.

Trust me. Oxyclean in the tub of warm water. Go to work and your gloves will come out looking and smelling great!

And I've come to the conclusion guys that tomorrow I will be getting some barbosol and will be handwashing them and leaving them out to dry

Once you've done that my suggestion is too lightly spray the inside of the gloves with something like Frabreeze after skating and hang them to air out and dry while placing a fabric dryer sheet inside. I've been doing this for years now with great results.