Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MikeWhy

Whats everyones opinion on white gloves?

What are you guys' thoughts on white mitts? I typically go with the all blacked out look. However at some point i will need a new pair of gloves. What has caught my interest is white gloves. Now whenever I see them, we all have a rule at the rink you have to be good to wear white gloves. I'm not quite sure why. What do you guys think??

I'm not keen on white 'cos they will be riddled with stains, puck marks and the like. But they look cash when they're in good nick.

someone will give you a hard time. Usually it's the guy looking for any excuse to taunt someone on the other team. I've worn white gloves and since I never really look at my hands when I play, it doesn't make much difference to me. I do like it when guys on the other team wear a distinctive piece of gear on the ice, it helps me remember if the guy is better or worse than I am.

Doesn't look good in my opinion. Looks terrible with a white jersey, looks weird with a dark/black jersey. It's flashy. And it looks awkward. As apes44 said, its on par with the mirrored visor. Plus there are so many great colour combos out there, check out the custom glove gallery for some ideas.

This is just from personal experience, and I don't want to paint everyone who wears white gloves with the same brush, but...

Everyone I've known who wears white gloves has been a douche looking for attention.

That's not to say you shouldn't wear what you like, but you're gonna be marked on the ice. Having equipment that stands out is never a good thing. Whether that's a commentary on the person wearing it or the one making fun of it, well, that's another debate. It is what it is at the moment, so just a heads up.

I have a paif of the Mission INhaler AC1's that I picked up real cheap slightly-used on eBay. they're not full-on white, there's a lot of blue in them, but they're enough that it's noticeable. I decided I just don't care. I like the ventilation and I liked paying $90 off retail.

I dont know if it's because I'm pretty much an adult beginner playing with other adult beginners, and nobody is steeped in the "hockey culture" but in my experience nobody gives a damn what other dudes are wearing.

I picked these up a month or so back. I was looking for another pair of EQ50's and couldn't beat the price...I haven't gotten any flack from people on opposing teams just people on my team either saying they really liked them and a couple of others saying they were too flashy. I personally don't care what anyone else thinks about my gloves, I've always loved the feel of the Easton EQ gloves and was ready for a new pair. http://www.hockeymonkey.com/easton-hockey-gloves-synergy-eq50-elite-series-discolored.html

Refs tell me they call more penalties on those with White as they stand out and infractions are easier to see. Also, expect some ribbing. It is acceptable for those with great stickhandling skills to wear white.

Generally, if I see a guy with white gloves on the ice I assume they're going to be really good and to be careful when they're on the ice, just because I can't imagine somebody bad (like me) would intentionally make themselves stand out.