Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Cosmic

Warrior Dynasty AXT1 Tapered Composite Blade

Warrior Dynasty AXT1 Tapered Composite (Kopitar curve every time but once, Zetterberg the other time)
Shaft: Bauer TotalOne Tapered
Time Used: 2-3 months

Stickhandling/Receiving Passes
Both feel great. When receiving passes, the puck feels like it is deadened as it hits the stick. I used cloth tape and Blade Butter over the blade, hard to say if it is the blade or my overall rig. Stickhandling feels good; with the ice puck I get a good feel for the puck, even with inline I feel like I get a better feel over another blade that I use (Easton Mako II). I have had an issue with receiving passes, as the puck slides up over the toe when I catch passes there (because the Kopitar is a bit too open for me). This is more of a personal issue than an issue with the Warrior product, so no points deducted. 9.5/10

Shooting
The puck jumps off the blade with slapshots, wristshots, and snapshots. This could be due to a synergistic effect between the shaft and that I am a tall, strong guy with half decent technique. 9.5/10

Weight/Balance
This is a light blade. When a friend broke his OPS APX and I fused this blade onto his shaft (I bought a few), he remarked that he could not believe how light it was, and that it seemed lighter than the original blade. He is a pretty strong guy with a bodybuilder physique, but it was after he had played for 2 hours, so he ought to have been tired. 9.5/10

Durability
I used this blade about 20 times before realizing I did not like an open face. Up to that point, the blade had a couple of nips and chips, but nothing major, and the performance still felt fine. Around that time, we ventured out to an area where we thought we would have a suitable surface to inline skate on. This was not the case, the surface was too rough. We played a bit anyway, and I used this rig (I have enough blades still new, so no big deal if I trashed it). It held up rather well, the tape took most of the damage, and then the bottom got a little frayed. So, I detached the blade and this became my nephew's. I probably took about 150 full power slapshots with this blade in warmups, just to see what kind of abuse it could take. The blade is still as stiff as when I first got it, no sign of any damage except the nips, chips, and the minor fraying from the hard surface. 9.5/10

Price
These blades are less expensive than other top end blades (Reebok 20K, APX2, Mako II). I definitely prefer it over Mako II, but have not tried the other brands so cannot comment. Regardless, I think this is a great price for a great blade. 10/10

Intangibles
Just a great blade, nothing more to say aside from what has been stated.

Conclusions
I just bought a bulk load of Kovalchuk patterns, so as they would say, "The proof is in the pudding:"

z1w0.png

Overall 48/50

Edited by Cosmic