Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gretsch

Graf G75 Ultra Lites

Has anyone had experience with these skates, and how they compare to the higher-end Bauer APX2 or Nexus 1000s. I am in the market for a new pair. Having used only Bauers over the last 20 years, I figured I may try something different this time around.

Thank you,

Seth

If they fit you, they're a great skate. I've found they fit differently length-wise than my Bauers, so you'll definitely want to try them on.

They're not as stiff as the APX (haven't tried APX 2), but they're about on par with the Nexus 1000

Thank you for the responses. I have rather wide feet (almost a 12" instep) and nearly 15" heel measurement, despite wearing an 8.5 skate size. Is the G75 a very different cut? I notice a lot of players switch from the Cobras to the Tuuk holders; did you do the same or stay with the Cobras?

I use a pair of the G75 Ultra's. I came across from Bauer Vapor XXXX's and glad I did, in my opinion they fit like the older style Mission inline skates (RTx, Type M etc). The skate fits very differently so what people are saying about not being for everyone is very understandable, I've only ever used mine with superfeet also.

They are not a laterally stiff boot, the protection isn't "as good as bauers" and it is lower cut boot at the ankle. If you have ever had serious ankle problems people say to steer clear of this skate.

Myself.. Really like them.

G75's are best for a fairly deep (high instep) and moderately wide foot. Folks often change to Tuuk holders because they prefer the pitch and/or want to have access to more readily available holders/steel (trainer inventory).

G75's are best for a fairly deep (high instep) and moderately wide foot. Folks often change to Tuuk holders because they prefer the pitch and/or want to have access to more readily available holders/steel (trainer inventory).

that was true for the previous generation g75 with blue piping, not the current g75 lite with neon lime piping which fit similar to the g35/735 series of skates.

that was true for the previous generation g75 with blue piping, not the current g75 lite with neon lime piping which fit similar to the g35/735 series of skates.

Thanks th6252. Glad I have several new pairs of G75s with old blue piping to move into the rotation. Sorry to hear the fit changed with neon lime transition. Seems like Graf has reduced the differentiation across skates - and what made them unique.

Agreed - that is definitely a shame to hear. I currently use the G75 first generation with blue piping and love the fit (though some more depth wouldn't go astray), and planned on checking out the Lite's when I'm in the US next month as a possible replacement. I'll have to try them on and see the difference.

Sounds like the blue trim G75s are what would be the better fit then, since I have a high instep and wide feet. Eons ago, I used a Bauer 2000 in a double EE, and they still killed the side of my feet.