Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

quinton1

How many people use shafts vs one pieces?

Shafts vs one pieces  

140 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I admittedly splurged on gear (Easton Mako skates, CL protective, etc.) during my recent "comeback," but went with shafts because I like to abuse my sticks and take big slap shots. I notice the blades have dented in a few spots, and I think that my Mako II shaft is starting to noodle a bit, which would irritate me if I were using $250 OPS, but with my $70 shaft/ $55 blade combo, I really do not care as I see the damage getting incurred. Also, I feel like my combo is about equivalent to as high end as you can get (and everyone who handles my rigs comment on how light they are):

Shafts: TotalOne Tapered; Mako II Pro Stock Tapered

Blades: Warrior Dynasty AXT1 Tapered (Kovalchuk)

I hope that the manufacturers continue to offer the shaft/blade combo. If not, then I am pretty well stocked up (which helps me not get saddened, as I bang up my twigs). ** I take great care of all of my other gear (skates, protective), as I hope it to last a long time.

Ive found that jr blades are cheap and plentiful.

For garage/ street hockey/ shinny sticks, Is there anyway to Jerry rig a standard jr blade into a sr tapered stick? Or perhaps cut a busted OPS lower down the taper to get a jr blade in?

Ive found that jr blades are cheap and plentiful.

For garage/ street hockey/ shinny sticks, Is there anyway to Jerry rig a standard jr blade into a sr tapered stick? Or perhaps cut a busted OPS lower down the taper to get a jr blade in?

Try tape on the hosel.

I had a weirdly sized hosel on a CCM blade that would wiggle. It was too big for a tapered shaft, slightly too small for a standard shaft. So a 3" length of tape over each direction of the hosel, some glue, and BAM! I was in bidniss.