Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

steelnation248

Cheap Lighting Solutions for Pond Hockey

I thought I made this topic a couple of days ago but I think I tried to post it in the wrong section. So if this is a duplicate, it can be taken down.

Does anyone have any cheap solutions for lighting up their pond hockey locations at night time? It's a pretty tight budget (college kids around the holidays) so we aren't looking to spend too much but definitely want to get some light on the lake.

Cars and headlights are the cheapest way. If anyone has a generator, some cheap halogen lights on stands would probably work as well as anything.

I have a battery-operated LED camping lantern... not that one would do the job, but maybe a few, or maybe something a little larger scale hooked up to a car battery...

LED being the main point - very bright with very low power consumption.

On second thought, LED light is verybright but tends not to diffuse well. Hmmmm.

A combo of one car idling, with its headlightson and a couple clamp lights (if you have a nice high spot to stick them overhead, maybe a tree branch) powered by an adapter plugged into the car's lighter maybe the best, easiest bet.

Cars and headlights are the cheapest way. If anyone has a generator, some cheap halogen lights on stands would probably work as well as anything.

Definitely. Halogen lights on stands aren't terribly expensive and have uses outside of pond hockey.

Extension cords aren't expensive.

Generators are expensive--can you borrow one?