Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

noobee

Yet another Radius of Hollow Question

Hi every one, my first post here.

I am pretty new to hockey, and ice skating and im looking for a little help on my skate ROH.

Currently about 200lbs without kit and i am running 5/8. My edge control is not the best but not terrible, that outside edge needs work. I can hockey stop to one side but not very well to the other. Skates were sharpened about 25 skate hours ago and still feel ok grip wise, just a few niks from playing.

My question is, is there a hollow i can use to help me learn a bit easier.

Not had any grip problems witht he 5/8s but would a shallower, 3/4 help me learn to stop a bit more consistantly?

I did think as well that a slightly deeper hollow, 1/2 would give me a little more confidence in my edges to learn some outside control?

So not im stuck between to ideas, not know if either will work or if either even make logical sense.

I know there are a lot of experienced guys on here so come guys, help a noobie out.

Dom

You're on the right track. Shallower will make it easier to learn the maneuver, then as you master it you can deepen up to make them crisper. Try 3/4 for sure.

Just keep practising those one footed pizza wedge stops (google it if you haven't been shown this). Once you can stop with the outside foot on both sides, you are well on your way.