Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KiskiSnipes19

Hockey stick preferences?

about 2" from the heel to 3/4" from the toe with whatever cloth tape i have handy. a little epoxy or gorilla glue w/ electrical tape on the toe to try to prevent chipping. loaded up with sex wax. barely noticeable knob, maybe 5-6 turns around it then a single layer down about 6" and that's it. no grip shafts.

I tape the whole blade from about 1" past the heel to the complete toe with white regular-width (1.5"?) tape. Then I wrap a single strip of that same tape around the end of the shaft until it feels good in my palm. Pretty simple tape job, but I like the feel of grip sticks for my top hand and I tape the blade completely for durability and taking a lot of clappers.

For non-grip sticks, I add a candy cane to my usual tape job. It's basically a normal-width tape ripped in half, twirled around, and wrapped from about 10" from the top of the shaft to wherever on the bottom (varies with stick and my mood, lol). Then I cover that tape rope with a flat strip of that same ripped-in-half tape.

Kinda hard to explain, but maybe I'll throw some pics up here later. I've also experimented with red grip tape, and I like it (but it's not a very durable tape job).

I do mine as pictured. Like my entire blade covered + sex wax. Use non-grip sticks. Do a small knob on the butt-end but thats it. Have a lot better feel for the stick/puck without it and it helps the palms of my gloves stay nice and subtle. Been using this tape job since I was a pee-wee or so and its suited me pretty good over the years. Tape jobs are entirely personal-preference in my opinion and there is really no "wrong" or "right" way of doing it.

photo2_zpsf36cb7ee.jpg

photo1_zps4b5d2247.jpg

I take my stick toe to heal. This is because it allows the puck will go with the grain of the tape when shot which will: 1) decrease friction/resistance on the puck when sliding from the heal to the toe on shots 2) makes my tape job last longer.

I know the friction/resistance is minimal or non-existent but it cant hurt right?

I also use white tape (preference) and stick wax.