Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kovalchuk71

Good Skate sessions on Long Island/NY?

I will be up in NY for a week for New Years and was wondering if there are any good skates on the island or in NY/NJ? I'll play whatever, but would prefer a competitive pick up/skate (Ive played NARCh D1 for example). Thanks!

Depending where on the island, skatesafe (old bethpage off rt 110, check their website) has a nice one with many levels of comp. Me and a couple of my team mates are going to be there next Friday afternoon. We usually have enough on Fridays and Thursdays to get in a full rink pickup game. Many of the guys on the sponsored teams (mission snipers, bauers team etc) practice there during the day as well. Once they recognise your skill level they will turn it up against you, and once they realize mine they'll play it soft.

Where in NY will you be camped up.

LOL. I have played at Skate Safe multiple times, so I know what it's all about. Good to know. I think I will be up there until next Friday/Sat so I hope to make an appearance. How long are the skates typically? 1.5 hours? 2 hours?

My family lives in Staten Island (Hold the jokes, please :wink: ). I don't mind making a little drive to skate.

Well that's like an hourish drive though. Usually were there from 1 to 3 thats when everything starts going and when people start dropping out . I'm actually thinking about it now and I won't be there bc I'll be in VT.

Yeah it was 45ish the last time I drove it. Like I said, the drive doesn't bother me. As long as people show up, then I will have a good time. Where do I go to find exact times? Is there a spot on the site I dont see? Or do I just call?

A bunch of piha/aihl guys skate on Saturdays in Edison, right across the bridge from SI, if you're interested.

A bunch of piha/aihl guys skate on Saturdays in Edison, right across the bridge from SI, if you're interested.

What time? I am interested for sure. Is that Inman? I've never played there

What time? I am interested for sure. Is that Inman? I've never played there

Yeah, it's inman. It would normally be 12-2pm.

Times are on the skatesafe site I think.it's 12-3, or 12-4 not exactly sure. But it seems like you found something closer and more your speed, it's just in .......JeRsEy!

Times are on the skatesafe site I think.it's 12-3, or 12-4 not exactly sure. But it seems like you found something closer and more your speed, it's just in .......JeRsEy!

Still good to know, I will have a good amount of free time, as most of the family I will be seeing still have to work......

Are there any days that are better than others? Or are most days typically similar? I assume with everyone being off from school right now, it will be fairly busy.

Yeah everyone is off and it's usually busier. Thursday's and fridays are the busiest. Some Fridays they have both rinks going. You can always call and ask I guess.