Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Changingplatforms

Wheel help: Mission Helium HE 500

I'm relatively new to hockey and I've got some basic gear (shin guards, elbow pads, gloves etc.) and I just bought some used Mission Helium HE 500's.

I'm looking to replace the wheels (as they're on their last leg, could possibly be the originals) but I'm having a hard time finding the wheel configuration because of their age.

How far can one stray from the wheel configuration? And are tron wheels any good for a beginner? Or should I spend the extra money and buy some rink rats? And how do you know when to change bearings?

^^This

Don't stray from the wheel configuration. The frames were engineered to run that specific wheel configuration.

Are you playing indoor or outdoor? What kind of surface? These things are all huge factors and need to be answered before I can recommend/suggest anything.

Tron wheels should work fine for that. Stick with a higher durometer (the hardness of the wheel). I dont know how much you weigh, but look for something in the 82A-84A range. It should be listed in the wheel desscription. They are referred to as "Outdoor" wheels.