Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MrData

Graf Attack holder squeaking/high-pitched vibration noise

So I've skated twice in my new Graf Supra G535s, and today I noticed a high-pitched squeak or vibration when I made a tight turn. Should I be worried about this? I'm thinking that the runner is loose (have to tighten the screw at the back). Has anyone else noticed this with Graf holders/runners?

The runner is likely to be loose, check it. Grafs sometimes require more attention to making sure they stay tight than some others. They eventually find their balance point and wont loosen up, but many times it takes a few weeks or months of tightening them before they reach that point.

If you get a chance, remove the blade and lay a strip of plumber's tape the length of the holder and then replace the blade, pressing the tape into the holder. Sometimes that will help to remove any movement of the steel in the holder. Put some blue loc-tite on the nut when you put the hardware back on. Hopefully that will help get rid of the movement.

Edit: LOL at your tags

I have a pair of 2 year old Graf Ultra G5's with the Ultra 5000 holders that give out the occasional "whhhhaaaaunnnttt" vibration noise when stopping. I made sure all the screws in the holder are tight, and I have applied blue loctite to the nut on the back of the runner. I may give the teflon tape a go to see if that quiets it down.

**ok I just added one strip of teflon tape to each holder above the runner, I don't play until Sunday afternoon so I will report back after my game.

I think I'll try just tightening the runner screw first, and if that doesn't work, I'll try the tape/loctite solution. Like beedee, I'll report the results here.

Any concern about the tape holding moisture during the drying process? (I'm not one to really worry about surface rust on blades, heck they all had it when I was young in the 70's / 80's. )