Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MrData

Reebok A.I.7 Stick: Yea or Nay?

So I saw a Reebok A.I.7 stick in my exact specs at my LHS today for $99. Anyone have experience with this stick? From what I read online, it's over 500 grams, and it definitely feels heavy in-store (especially for a high price-point stick). Yet, I've heard that the A.I.5 is one of the best $99 price-point sticks out there, so getting an A.I.7 for $99 must be even better, right? Is it at least 100% carbon fiber (no fiberglass)? How is the durability? The puck feel?

Should I get it? Any and all opinions and advice are appreciated.

I had this stick for quite some time. I thought the puck feel was pretty good on both the forehand and backhand and I never noticed a weight issue while playing with the stick. I will say that it is VERY durable the league I play in has a lot of hackers and other than the paint chipping I did not have any issues with cracks in either the blade or shaft. $99 is a great price and if it is your specs I would give it a shot. I ended up switching over to Bauer because I couldn't find a curve I liked in Reebok.

Thanks for the reply! I ended up buying it. Hopefully mine is as durable as yours was, as I am one of those hackers (to some extent, mostly stick lifts and light slashes) and I play D so I take a lot of slapshots.