Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
JR Boucicaut

2014 Easton Hockey Catalogue

http://www.modsquadhockey.com/forums/index.php/files/file/173-2014-easton-hockey-catalogue/

Sticks -

The Synergy name is back on Easton sticks for 2014 on a full line of tapered sticks.

The major story being told on the stick is their Hypertune technology in which the blade is tuned to whatever the stick flex is. The Hypertoe concept introduced on the V9/V9E last year (stiffened toe) is on the new HTX stick, however, the middle of the blade matches the shaft flex. So, a 75 flex blade would play softer than an 85 flex.

The HTX will come in both standard and grip options (the shaft is textured on both, however) in all flexes and curves, including a Lie 5 E3 (Sakic).

The Hypertune blade drops down to the Synergy 80 and 60 as well.

The V9/V9E sticks stay unchanged for 2014.

Skates -

The Mako 2 will be new for 2014 as well with some upgrades; it's just not a color change.

The boot has been tweaked a bit, with upgraded ankle padding to address some issues that skaters had with the original version, and a new multi-density felt-backed tongue and upgraded footbeds. It does gain a family, however. The Mako M8 is a fiberglass version of the skate at a lower price point, as well as a youth version of the Mako II.

Helmets -

Unchanged

Gloves -

All new Synergy glove line, starting with the HSX, which actually feels really good. The palm, which is AXSuede, fits very close to the hand and has an abrasion-resistant area on the edge. The index and middle fingers are 3 piece, along with a 3-piece flared cuff on top.

The Pro and Mako line remain unchanged from 2013.

Protective -

The Synergy name continues onto a full line of protective, starting with the HSX. On that line, the Hyperskin concept is a tight fit underneath, with the padding floating on top on the shoulder/elbow/pant, allowing for range of motion with minimal slippage. The lining on the HSX family is also interesting - it's a 3D liner which allows it to wick, however, also allowing airflow to float through the ridges to cool the skater down. Their E-Cell foam is also used on all of it, and it's a perforated HD foam, so it allows proper airflow as well as a reduction in weight.

The Mako protective line remains unchanged.

• Like 1

I share JR's opinion of the Gloves, they felt really nice at WF

+1. They felt very comfortable at WF.

The ventilation aspect of the protective is nice for ice, but even better for roller players. That alone will get me to make a point of trying on and considering the shins the next time I'm in the market.

It looks like the E28 has seen some success at retail since it's available on even the lower models of the new sticks. I'm glad to see a toe curve is gaining some traction. The marketing team did a good job pushing the dual lie aspect of the pattern. The fact that the "kreps" curve was coveted in some circles certainly didn't hurt either.

I've been using the HSX gloves for a little over a week now, and they are far and away my new favorite glove.

Mako 2 skates... yup. Will get.

Interested in the HSX shins, and I'll probably try out the stick. Getting kinda tired of the V9E.

On an interesting note, their blade chart in the catalog shows the E7 and E9 still... are we going to get them back mid cycle? I waaaaaaaaaant my Heatley back so much.

• Like 1

I wish they would make the Mako M3 glove in a high-spec version, with solid protection and losing the highlight patterning in the skin over the various breaks. It looks a lot like the gloves Zhitnik and Kovalev had in the early 2000's.

Edited by flip12

Of all the new Easton gear I've seen, I really like the HSX shoulder pads. In terms of weight and mobility it felt comparable to some of the other top end models on the market (ex. U+ CL) but it felt like there was actually something there to protect me. I will definitely try these on again when they are released and they may finally replace my heavy, but protective Itechs.

On an interesting note, their blade chart in the catalog shows the E7 and E9 still... are we going to get them back mid cycle? I waaaaaaaaaant my Heatley back so much.

No

Product aside, why are Easton catalog designs always so dull?

The matte finish doesn't help when I scan it.

No

The matte finish doesn't help when I scan it.

Not a shot at the scan quality haha. The colors, font size, positioning and overall designs are so uninspiring and boring.

The hypertoe concept makes sense to me when talking about snap/wrist shots, but I wonder how it affects slap shots. Given the marketing am I to believe hitting a slap shot out on the toe of the blade is going to generate more velocity than if I hit it in the "sweet spot" in the middle of the blade?

With no E7 Easton just lost a life long Easton stick user

:(

Guess I have no choice but to move to Sherwood as they are the only company now offering an Iggy curve in regular stock.

The hypertoe concept makes sense to me when talking about snap/wrist shots, but I wonder how it affects slap shots. Given the marketing am I to believe hitting a slap shot out on the toe of the blade is going to generate more velocity than if I hit it in the "sweet spot" in the middle of the blade?

The Hypertoe concept relates to you loading the shaft while the puck is on the toe, so no to that.

With no E7 Easton just lost a life long Easton stick user

:(

Guess I have no choice but to move to Sherwood as they are the only company now offering an Iggy curve in regular stock.

I don't understand the shock over this.

I posted in December of 2012 that this would happen.

http://www.modsquadhockey.com/forums/index.php/topic/62277-2013-easton-hockey-catalogue/?p=946408

Not so much shock as it is dissapointment.......

You are assuming I read everything you post and beyond that I heard rumors it might go out, then my rep told me it is their second best selling curve so it wouldn't be going out.

Either way it is a sad day for Iggy curve lovers.

Did Easton drop the R800 helmet? No mention of it anymore. I thought it would be a good option to the Re Akt 100 and CCM Resistance in terms of new technology in helmet design.