Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
JR Boucicaut

2014 Easton Hockey Catalogue

How are the Mako gloves selling? I can't get past the look of them. I'm sure they are great gloves but man that finger flame thing they have going is awful.

• Like 1

When roughly will retailers start seeing the new Mako skates? I still have some feedback reading to do in the forum, but tried a pair on for the very first time and it fit my foot better than any skate (Bauer, CCM, etc.) has ever fit it. I'm not a hard skater by any means so the current gen would probably be fine for me, but if there's a new rev coming out to the general public in the spring/summer I may wait.

Thanks!

Anyone heard any new information on a potential release date for the HTX stick? I see Bauer's new Nexus is scheduled for an April release...safe to assume the HTX will be following suit?

HTX officially is mid-June.

I wouldn't be surprised if LHS have the sticks earlier though since Easton tends to send stores product a couple weeks before internet launch.

What is the difference between the Easton Synergy HSX and Easton Synergy 80 gloves? I am guessing the HSX's will have more beefed up protection, right? What about the palms, and the liner? The catalogue says:

HSX: 2 piece Ax suede palm with textured abrasion zone

Synergy 80: 2 piece Ax suede palm with Digitec textured abrasion zone - What is difference between Digitec vs no Digitec?

Also, the Synergy 80 does not say the type of liner. HSX says the liner is "Nanosense"

I will be happy to go with the Synergy 80s if they are all the same except for a little less protection and less puck feel (but more durable palm).

On the hunt for a reasonably priced, comfortable, protective, mobile pair of tapered gloves. I like my Warrior Covert DT2 Bone Xs for everything except mobility- they lock me in at the wrist at one particular angle- the one when I need to flex my wrists to catch passes in at my skates (I have bad enough hands as it is, this just further complicates the matter). I used to have Vapors but I think they are overpriced (the APX2 line looks good, I just do not like the idea of paying an extra 1/4 price to support all of their excessive marketing). I did not think the Reebok 9Ks were comfortable, so I doubt I will like the 30K/28Ks.

Edited by Cosmic

What is the difference between the Easton Synergy HSX and Easton Synergy 80 gloves? I am guessing the HSX's will have more beefed up protection, right? What about the palms, and the liner? The catalogue says:

HSX: 2 piece Ax suede palm with textured abrasion zone

Synergy 80: 2 piece Ax suede palm with Digitec textured abrasion zone - What is difference between Digitec vs no Digitec?

Also, the Synergy 80 does not say the type of liner. HSX says the liner is "Nanosense"

I will be happy to go with the Synergy 80s if they are all the same except for a little less protection and less puck feel (but more durable palm).

On the hunt for a reasonably priced, comfortable, protective, mobile pair of tapered gloves. I like my Warrior Covert DT2 Bone Xs for everything except mobility- they lock me in at the wrist at one particular angle- the one when I need to flex my wrists to catch passes in at my skates (I have bad enough hands as it is, this just further complicates the matter). I used to have Vapors but I think they are overpriced (the APX2 line looks good, I just do not like the idea of paying an extra 1/4 price to support all of their excessive marketing). I did not think the Reebok 9Ks were comfortable, so I doubt I will like the 30K/28Ks.

apx pros on clearance? Have a look at eagle talons too