Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Top_Jimmy

Knock off APX2...?

I bought a Bauer APX2 from eBay.(1st mistake I guess)

A P88 77flex, which is right on compared to other P88's I have.

The shaft is concave which is correct but the Griptac doesn't feel right. Not as tacky as ones I've had in the past.

There was a sticker inside the shaft when the plug was taken out which read "P88 77" with some other codes also.

Any thoughts??

Did I get jammed??

??

pics do help

as does waiting more than 32 minutes after your original post for responses, after midnight, lol. This isnt Bauer Customer Service chat

A link to the auction would help.

If it has the traditional retail markings like "P88 Kane 77 Flex" then it's more than likely retail.

For example:

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NjIzWDkzMA==/z/ytwAAOxyOlhSzXYs/$_57.JPG

If you see white lettering instead, most likely pro-stock.

For example:

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/z/RcQAAOxy4dNS0aL8/$_57.JPG

(The downside to pro stock is that you don't really know what you're getting in terms of overall condition. For example, the stick loses it pop and becomes too whippy. Or what kind of use it's been through: in practice vs in game. And so on.)

But without seeing any pictures, the lack of grip could also be signs of use (or abuse -- some people (and pros) like to file down their sticks to reduce grip).

Fake sticks exist. Here in Mtl they're all over kijiji. I almost bought one but noticed super blade heavy and no coated texture on blade. They buy them from alibaba.com

Very shady