Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MikeWhy

Help I am torn..(gloves)

So as of right now, I am using the Bauer Total One NXG gloves and I love them, however the palms are finally starting to give away after about...8 months of heavy usage(4 times a week roughly for close to 2 hours) with a tiny hole next to my pu insert on my top hand and the stitching on the other inserts on my right.

So I'm stuck trying to choose if I want to get custom Eagle x844's or Bauer Nexus 1000's. If Bauer offered a custom glove I think thats what I'd get but Eagle has catered to me in saying they'd look into possibly getting me a glove with a flex thumb(pending on a patent search), a full carbon material as well as a blacked out look to it. But so biased towards bauer gear considering its practically all I wear.

I will literally sit here for weeks trying to make a choice if I don't get some reassuring advice on these gloves. What do you guys think?

Why not repalm them?

I contemplated that, even repalming them with msh3 which is what is really selling me on the eagles but i sorta want to try something new

I will add to my last answer...

As much as I want to drum up business for Eagle Hockey, you could get your gloves re-palmed. However, with the frequency of use you get out of gloves, you probably wouldn't mind some fresh mitts. I know that I want to have a few pairs so I don't completely wear out my favourites. Now that I have found mitts I like, I am considering having one more pair to rotate. Maybe get your Bauers re-palmed and a fresh pair of Eagles to rotate?

I will add to my last answer...

As much as I want to drum up business for Eagle Hockey, you could get your gloves re-palmed. However, with the frequency of use you get out of gloves, you probably wouldn't mind some fresh mitts. I know that I want to have a few pairs so I don't completely wear out my favourites. Now that I have found mitts I like, I am considering having one more pair to rotate. Maybe get your Bauers re-palmed and a fresh pair of Eagles to rotate?

This. Maybe I can find a junkie pair of 4 rolls somewhere and send them to get re palmed

so I have the best of all 3

I am on a natural hide kick right now.To me, synthetic palm materials feel slimy after use compared to my goat palmed Eagle gloves, which just feel slightly moist after a couple of hours. i know i have three pair of gloves that i am going to sell off because i just don't want to re-palm every single pair.

On my NXG palms, I occasionally had issues with it being crunchy after heavy use and drying it the wrong way. Now that I use fabreeze anti microbial and gave them a good wash about 2.5 months ago, theyve been good.

They felt slimy right before i washed them(thats what motivated me to wash them) but it was only in one finger in my left glove so something probably got in there, gross right? Anyways its been good ever since.

I am in the corner of getting new gloves.

IMO repalming gloves is a waste. I have done it 3 times and they always come back from far less than factory feel. And yes, I have used the good repalmers suggested on this site. Bindngs are sometimes thicker, they use less material, stitching comes loose, etc. Plus you cannot buy MSH palms anymore unless you send Eagle gloves back to Eagle.

The X844 and 4-Roll you mention are going to fit a lot differently than NXG gloves. If you like the fit of the NXG gloves and the MSH palm, I would look at the Eagle Talon line.

If you're in Supremes right now (and like them), I'm not sure you'd like the Nexus. I find them WAY too floppy in the hand. I'd go with the Eagles.

I contemplated that, even repalming them with msh3 which is what is really selling me on the eagles but i sorta want to try something new

You are getting a lot of use of your gloves too, so I can see why you would want to avoid just repalming. I'll be another one to throw in for Eagle. I have CP94's right now and they're great. I could do with a slightly tighter fit in the palm, but other than that they're great.

I am in the corner of getting new gloves.

IMO repalming gloves is a waste. I have done it 3 times and they always come back from far less than factory feel. And yes, I have used the good repalmers suggested on this site. Bindngs are sometimes thicker, they use less material, stitching comes loose, etc. Plus you cannot buy MSH palms anymore unless you send Eagle gloves back to Eagle.

The X844 and 4-Roll you mention are going to fit a lot differently than NXG gloves. If you like the fit of the NXG gloves and the MSH palm, I would look at the Eagle Talon line.

If you're in Supremes right now (and like them), I'm not sure you'd like the Nexus. I find them WAY too floppy in the hand. I'd go with the Eagles.

Well I like the supreme fit as far as fingers and upper hand wise, but I actually try to tug on the cuff and pull it out, If I knew how to post pics on here I'd show you how wide ive stretched my cuff compared to how it looks on freshly bought gloves. So i guess you could say I'm more of a vapor fit kinda guy but as we all know, its either traditional or contoured with eagle and i dont think the talon gloves look as good as ppf's so im leaning towards ppfs

That's why I'm not in supremes anymore. Loved the fingers and hand, didn't like the cuff. I was wearing warrior koncept until they were discontinued, and now I'm in Sher-Wood Nexon series (and now in EK15s). They're quite tight in the hand with a really big cuff. Couldn't be happier.

BOYS! I have found the glove i have been looking for...i am too excited right now..go to pure hockeys bauer nexus pro custom gloves...the all black ones with the bauer logo outlined in white. Exactly what I want...ahh im in love

From the sound of it you actually want APX fitting gloves.

Which just happen to be black and white. Albeit with a few red highlights.

Am surprised you are liking the Nexus fit to be honest.

From the sound of it you actually want APX fitting gloves.

Which just happen to be black and white. Albeit with a few red highlights.

Am surprised you are liking the Nexus fit to be honest.

Me too, for the reasons I mentioned earlier. Opposite end of the spectrum from the Supremes.