Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

taz_g

skate advice

Hey guys, I'm looking to buy a new pair of skates after getting a horrible lace bite (1.5 month recovering) from my mission AC7 , The size of the skate is fine, but I think that the boot is not deep enough for my foot, I did the pencil test and almost broke it. probably my tendon goes too high avobe my ankle.

I know the best option would be to go and try wich one fits better, the problem is that where I live nobody is selling hockey equipment so my only option it to buy online.

Initially I thought to discard mission, but I've seen that the AC4 - 1 the boot shape is really different from the lower end models, and also from other brands boot wich look more like an "L" , Could that lees aggressive angle help with my problem ? is there a deeper fitting boot ? what else should I consider before buying ?

I'd really apreciate all our comments.

Thanks!

I had similar problems with my apx2r's, great skate but it was not right for my foot. I have had success with Alklai in the past and went back with them. Fit and comfort they are perfect for my foot(width/depth) and they mold EXTREAMLY well. Customer Service is second to none, I had a problem with stitching with my gloves and they sent me out a new pair asap. Justin is also pretty active on msh so normally any questions you have can be answered by somebody from Alkali. You have to remember that Alkali is going to run an all 80mm wheel set up, I have found that this is more helpful than not despite what some people say. Bigger wheels = more top end speed. Sometimes overlooked is that bigger wheels also equal more stopping power or "footprint". You have more wheel to turn and stop with. They have quite a few models at every price point, you can even find some of the past year models on sale right now.

Currently wearing my past RPD skates and my MAX jets should be on there way. Hopefully can get them before narch in the next couple of weeks.

I literally just made a similar comment about the mission range (ac5 n 7 seem to look more bauer with s lower instep and the rest of the range is a deeper instep). Looks like the mid to upper end missions have that more deeper instep..at least from the pics...

From what I have worn in game situations(AC1 and T10) from what I have worn just to get fit attributes for reference(AC5/AC4) I didn't notice a huge difference in regards to depth. The Mission skate is going to fit medium-high in most fit aspects. The Alkali might have a tighter heel pocket IMO.

I had the same lace bite issue where I have permanent bumps now. The alkali maxs are what I skate now and the padding in the tongue is great at preventing that. The heel pocket is fairly deep and the stance ensures that your heel will stay put.

Tyler hope you enjoy your skates. Best pair I have ever worn.