Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain Sane

Switching out stock scalloped steel with non-scalloped at point-of sale?

It appears as though the only place I can get CCM U+12 skates is at hockey monkey. The one issue I have is that the skate comes with scalloped steel, which to me is just going to snap at some point. Any pair of skates I bought with that kind of steel (last time it was from Perani's). I got those switched it out no problem, but I talked to customer service at hockey monkey and they "can't change the skate". Is it possible I just wasn't explaining the issue properly, or is this really their policy? Like I said, I've never had an issue with this before, all the store is really doing is switching out stock of one for another (they're both the same price, I checked that).

Hockey Monkey just might not be able to do that, I would simply buy the skates with whatever steel comes with them and go to the store you normally do this change at and exchange them.

If your buying online you have to figure they are in a warehouse, not a pro shop.

Buy a set of regular steel and keep the scalloped steel as backups. I've used solid LS and Step steel, LS Fusion, scalloped E-Pro steel, and FWIW the only runners I've ever had break are the solid ones. Monkey's online coupons apply to CCM replacement runners, so they're not a bad deal.