Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CodyTC21

Whats wrong with having a boot to deep?

As long as the side to side and length fit is correct and there isn't empty space under the laces when you have them laced up, you should be fine.

So i got CCM RBZ 60 ice skates the other day and i skates fine in them yesterday, im more of a beginner and just trying to learn to stop etc. I didn't know about the pencil test until yesterday, so i did it and i have a bit of room from the pencil to my ankle or foot, but not enough where i can put my finger in it.

Could this effect my playing? Its tight enough where my foot does not move at all. Im thinking about getting shock doctor insoles what that also help? Thanks.

I have CCM RBZ 60 ice skates and my feet sit alittle low because of how deep boot is. I do that pencil test but it does touch my foot/ankle but i cant stick my finger through. Will the shock doctors raise my foot a bit? Or make it more comfy on the arches? Just getting back to ice skating.

Ps. My foot is securely in the boot, so it doesnt really matter if it raises it. But atleast make my arches a little comfier.

merged your thread.. Again. You've already started 3 different threads asking about the same problem... please keep all your questions on that topic in here. 1, easier for you and anyone else who might have your problem in the future to read and follow, and 2, it helps keep the forums neater and less clustered with repetitive threads.

As we answered your depth question in chat and like others are saying, you should be fine.... but if you do feel you need to take up more volume, I would suggest getting Superfeet (yellow) insoles, or the Shock Doctors that you asked about.. Yes, they will take up more volume than your stock insole will.

You don't want your foot bulging out the top of your skates. That's when you get lacebite. You don't want it too low or you won't be able to get a snug tie job and your feet may slip around. Ideally you'd want something like 1/4" below flush on the pencil test. The tongue will sit properly on your foot and it won't dig in or be too loose, just right. If you have just barely any room under the pencil I wouldn't try to add height to your foot for the sake of making it stick out more, it's fine as is.

You don't want your foot bulging out the top of your skates. That's when you get lacebite. You don't want it too low or you won't be able to get a snug tie job and your feet may slip around. Ideally you'd want something like 1/4" below flush on the pencil test. The tongue will sit properly on your foot and it won't dig in or be too loose, just right. If you have just barely any room under the pencil I wouldn't try to add height to your foot for the sake of making it stick out more, it's fine as is.

Im also getting in insoles for the arch support, but i ll take you advice and if its to high i ll keep the stock CCM insoles.

Im also getting in insoles for the arch support, but i ll take you advice and if its to high i ll keep the stock CCM insoles.

Ah, well yes, if you need the arch support go with what works. I personally had problems with any arch support insoles making my foot too tall to fit into skates so I have to deal with the flat CCM ones.