Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cosmic

Petition: Establish circa 1972 Quebec Nordiques jerseys as primary jerseys for Colorado Avalanche

https://secure.avaaz.org/en/petition/Colorado_Avalanche_Establish_the_1970s1990s_Quebec_Nordiques_jerseys_as_your_primary_jerseys/

I am usually not one to petition, but this matter is just far too important to ignore. The NHL jerseys are painfully boring. I am not the most artistic guy in the world, so I will not be embarking upon a redesign campaign, but in matters where viable solutions are apparent (such as here), I think we need to take action.

Are we gping to beg for the Devils wearing Rockies jerseys, too? Better yet, maybe the Coyotes can wear some vintage Jets jerseys. Oh.....wait......that might not work. Leave the Nordiques jerseys in Quebec where they belong.

This is the stupidest thing I've heard in a long time.

I'll be the first to say that I hate their new jerseys ( to be honest the white seats arnt that bad) and I wish there was something done to bring it back to the older version but I hope when the contract for the nhl jerseys switches up they will change up the jersey as well.

The nordiques jersey is incredible uniquely Quebec. The igloo is an N for nordiques and the fact it's an igloo represents one of their festivals they have up there. Those flower things also wouldnt fit Colorado and the colorway was made for up north.

I mean loom at it, it looms like jagged zigzags when the jersey isn't being worn but on the player it looks really good and flows with the body's lines and bends. It even makes the player look bigger and more intimidating.

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/135024/JoeandPete_medium.jpg

From time to time, I'll use Colorado in one of the video games and put the Quebec jerseys on them....can't remember which version allows that, NHL13 maybe?

Anyway...that is probably as far as this petition should go.

I was going to say it would be great to see them wear the old jersey next time they play in Montreal...but that would just be an awful reminder that they left in the first place.

Leave the Nordiques jerseys in Quebec where they belong.

the rights to the name and jerseys should be owned by Quebec city, they are ours!

i also read it just for giggles and the grammar isnt great and this line is classic.

out for Nostalgia nights only, when you honor the championship winning teams of the 1990s.

so one in '96 makes it teams int he 1990s? i guess the 2001 team doesnt deserve honor.

I ended the petition. A buddy of mine suggested that if Quebec gets a team, then these jerseys should be theirs. I concur. So, petition closed. Cheers.