Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

40oz2freedom28

Remove plastic insert from skate tongue

Hey guys so I currently have a pair of Bauer x 7.0 skates and I love them but the tongue is just absolutely terrible. I was considering buying an aftermarket pro felt tongue but I wear a size 5.5D skate so trying to find a Junior size tongue to fit is near impossible. Do you guys think if I can remove the plastic insert in my stock tongue that make it not as stiff?(Lace bite is not an issue for me). Or anyone know of felt tongues for a Junior skate? All I could find online was for most Senior skates. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Buy a junior skate or a men's 6 off eBay and use the tongues from there.

I agree with this , there are tons of smaller sized supreme skates for cheap right now.

I had the plastic inserts removed from my Nexus 800 skates

I hated the feel of the inserts coming from Grafs and (knock on wood) have never had lace bite problems

The shop that did the mod didn't charge me since I bought the skates there and said if I didn't like it they would put them back in for me

good luck

Z

I took the plastic inserts out of a pair of 7.0 last year and replaced it with some felt from old tongues. I glued it down and kind of sewed it in. It looks terrible but it stayed in place the entire season, 41 games and practice every day.

lxJ8kEH.jpg?2

I didn't mind the plastic insert, but I hated the tight bound edge on the Vapor tongues.

I replaced my x7.0 tongues with a pair of thick felt Supreme tongues. Totally worth the effort--45min with a speedy stitcher.