Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dern

Scared

Just got a brand new pair of rbk 14k goalie skates. I got them heat moulded, put them on, tied them tight, and sat for about 10 minutes. After that, the guy working at the hockey store felt them, said that they were now cool, and that I could walk around in them. So I walked around in them for about 30 seconds. However, I just read the heat moulding instructions on the box, and it says that I shouldn't stand up in them after the heating. I am very very scared now! Did I mess up my skates? My friend says they should be fine, but I want your guy's opinions.

Won't damage the boot, however you may find that the boot doesn't fit as well as it did during the molding process.

Ideally, try to bake no more than 2 times. Especially RBK boots since they tend to be on the softer side.

Bake once, skate for at least a month or two to break them in. If problems occur (too loose/too tight), then rebake again. This time, allow 12-24 hours of normal cooling (ambient temp cooling; don't get fancy/impatient and try to throw them in the fridge or something)!

Won't damage the boot, however you may find that the boot doesn't fit as well as it did during the molding process.

Ideally, try to bake no more than 2 times. Especially RBK boots since they tend to be on the softer side.

Bake once, skate for at least a month or two to break them in. If problems occur (too loose/too tight), then rebake again. This time, allow 12-24 hours of normal cooling (ambient temp cooling; don't get fancy/impatient and try to throw them in the fridge or something)!

Yes, this is what happened. I skated on them for the first time yesterday, and they were too tight around the foot area (not around the ankle area, it fit snug against my ankle). So, after the game, which was about 45 minutes, I took the skates off, and my left foot hurt a bit because it was too small. When I mean "too tight", I also mean that there isn't any space for my toes to move around. In fact, it felt like my biggest toe had to curl up a tiny bit. So... my question is: what do I do now? Do I try to get a refund and try a size .5 bigger? Or do I rebake them again, and hope that the skate will make size for my foot? Or do I just tie the laces around my foot looser, while tieing the laces around my ankle extremely tight? Or do I skate around in them more, and hope that they will increase in size after a few more skates?