Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Swordfis

Skate fitting- In-between sizes

I just got a pair of (old) brand new nike bauer supreme one95 skates. I have been searching for these for a while now and finally found a great pair. Anyways, I have been in a 9.5D forever, and always had this issue but it seems even more present in these skates. My left fits perfect, toes gently touching the caps when standing, and slightly pull back when knees bent. However, my right foot is nearly a half size smaller. Since custom sizing just isn't in the budget, anyone know any remedies to this? Still haven't gotten the skates baked, but I doubt that will do too much. Only thing I could think of would be larger than stock footbeds, such as superfeet. Anyone have experience with this issue or ideas for remedies?

My left foot is almost a full size smaller than my right. Fitting skates has always been a big issue. I ended up buying Reeboks as the pump feature helps fit my smaller foot a little better. I've tried Superfeet insoles and don't really care for them myself. Good luck. Hope you find a solution that works.

super-feet could help i have this problem in my vapors and i have a cheap insole under a second foot bed just to take up some room sure my foot isn't closer but it tightens up the boot so i don't move around

I have the same problem as you. Left foot is longer than right. However, my right foot is wider than my left foot.... Frankenstein feet!

The only "budget" solution that I've found is to go with the RBK pump series and waxed laces. However, even with the pumps, my right toes still move around a bit. There's really no easy solution nor fix, other than practice and getting used to them.

I've found waxed laces to be best since they allow me to adjust and maintain the tightness. So on my left skate, you'll see a more even tightness, while on the right, you'll see three-quarters of the way down the boot, it's really tight and gradually bends out as it gets to the top eyelet. Not great for the boot, but it allows me to skate well enough that I hardly notice the size difference!

I've tried going down half a size, but I walked away each game with blisters and sore feet. (I wear a 8D now, but before I tried a 7.5C; the width was perfect for my left foot, but the length was wayyyyy too tight, while the width for my right foot was wayyyy too tight, but the length was perfect, so I sacrificed width and length and so far, not too bad)

I've also went with some superfeet insoles. Not so much for fitting issues, but more so for the fact that the retail insoles suck and lack support for high arches.

So I have only skated 3 times on them, but have seemed to rig up a system that is working for me so far. Started with two insoles on my right, but it was too high and the lace bite was bad. Ended up cutting out two thin cardboard layers from a cereal box to go under my footbed and added on of the A&R achilles gel pads. The extra thickness on the bottom tightened up the boot just enough, and the heel pad is awesome for locking my heel in place. Very comfortable as well so far.