Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MetalRider

Mission Inhaler AC1 or AC2

Hey guys.

I have been looking at getting Mission AC2 skates to replace my old Bauers and was wondering if it would actually be a better choice to save the extra cash for the AC1 skates. Is the price difference justifiable for the differences between the two??

Cheers

MetalRider

biggest different is the ac1 has the magnesium chassis and through perforated tongue. i went with the ac2 as i didnt see the need or have the want to spend an extra $150 USD on skates especially bc i was replacing ones that just broke prematurely. Besides one small thing (that im not sure is an issue or not TBH), the boot is holding up extremely well, even to my higher weight. i dont think the boot has softened a bit.

I agree with Souldriver, I made the same decision back in 2007 when I bought Wicked 3s over Wicked 1s.

The mag chassis would've been nice but I saved $100-150 and my skates were still rockets none the less that lasted almost 7 years.

To add another angle. I tried on AC1s and AC2s. The 1s felt slightly more sturdy and noticeably lighter. I'm a 215lb dude so the former was slightly more important than the latter since I skate anywhere from 3-5 times a week. So I went with the 1s and couldn't be more happy.