Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Warrior Dynasty AX1ST/LT Stick Lineup

As we've done in the past, we've had a thread discussion any and all questions pertaining to Warrior's stick lineup.

We'll be covering the Dynasty AX1ST/LT, which will launch on Feb 15 in stores.

Keith Perera (miseaujeu) who is the Product Manager for sticks at Warrior, will explain the sticks and will answer any questions you may have in this thread.

Thanks JR...here goes.

2014 Dynasty ST/LT Lowdown

The 2014 Evolution of the Dynasty line is all about building on our durability gains and make further efficiencies on engineering. What does that boil down to? Our most durable, lightest stick line (top to bottom) EVER.

We have not published it in the past, but we’ve had a secret relationship with a leading group of composite researchers/engineers at a leading University in the US. They are the go-to authorities on composites when aerospace, defense and military contractors are trying to figure out the best way to use composites to “optimize” their weapons for weight and durability. We figured, if they are the experts for weapons of mass destruction, hockey sticks should be a cake-walk.

This relationship has exposed us to resources we’ve never seen and that they developed/own for the aero-defense industry. Their FEA (Finite Element Analysis) Models for Composites have allowed us to test material, lay up technique and structure fatigue in a computer environment before ever making a first prototype stick. It has never been done for composites and is what revolutionized the Golf industry about 12yrs ago. This access puts our development and testing in hyper-drive, allowing us to test concepts much faster. The proof is in our abilities recently to make sticks lighter AND stronger.

Full Line Technology-

The Dynasty line features our AxySym Recoil Tech that allows for easy loading and improved kick back. All sticks in the line are MidKick profile giving the player a nice full-stick flex arc. SlickGrip+ is featured on our Mid to High end models and our LT (LightweighT) story is throughout. Our goal was to build the lightest/most durable stick at every price point and we did!

Here’s the lowdown model-by-model:

*all stick weights are 85flex Henrique Grip 60”

AX1ST/LT launch this weekend, 3-5LT launch in April

AX1ST: 450g

Very similar to last year’s Dynasty AX1. Similar construction technique (HiFused) and technology features (STrong Arm and DuraBlade). We improved weight with a new grip concept (SlickGrip+) which embeds the grip texture into the decal rather than adding an additional texture decal on top of the decoration decal(every other stick does this).

AX1LT: 435g

All-New Construction for 2014! Using our pro layup and materials in Mexico, this stick is our lightest production stick built using all our durability features (Durablade). The balance and feel on this stick are awesome. Pros have been commenting on this new LT construction and love the feel and balance. Durability is at an all time high and this stick tested better than anything we’ve made and compared to our competitors.

Note: Some offering/length changes for AX1ST/LT so I’ve included a handy chart. We offer “stronger flexes” for all sizes in the ST since stronger players in each segment can take advantage of ST features. Conversely, this allows LT players to get the max flex/torque from their stick.

AX3LT: 475g

A $119 stick that is lighter than some of our $200+ sticks in the past. The efficiency of our engineering and testing is really making the difference here for our weight savings. 20g focused weight removal from the blade/hosel area really make for a lightweight feel and balance. SlickGrip+ focused grip texture and the MatteChrome look with white and black are very sharp. After years of cutting our pattern offering, we’ve actually expanded our offering for this key price level. We’ve added W05, W12(good Lidstrom replacement), W14 and W28.

AX4LT: 510g

This stick retails for $89 in USA and Canada and offers incredible value. The reduction of weight via LT construction helps make this stick lighter than models the #1 market share brand sells at $110 (535g, 530g, 528g). Not only is it light on the scale, it feels amazingly light in your hands with the 20g focused weight reduction in the blade. You really have to pick it up to believe it.

AX5LT: 535g

This stick retails for $59 in the USA and Canada and is an amazing stick for beginner/rec players. Mid kick offers easy flex and effortless load and the matte clear finish allows for easy stick handling. At 535g, this stick came in at the same weight as a stick “B” is selling for $110. Knowing that beginners need help with getting full flex potential out of the stick, we only offer this model in 55Int and 40Jr to maximize performance and game-improvement for those players.

I have included some charts/graphs from my sales presentation for the real die-hards (read: Nerds) out there. Good info.

http://imgur.com/a/NVz7F

As always, thanks to ModSquadHockey for the opportunity and the forum to help inform you on our new products.

Follow me on Instagram/Twitter @warriorstickguy

About this part

"We offer “stronger flexes” for all sizes in the ST since stronger players in each segment can take advantage of ST features. Conversely, this allows LT players to get the max flex/torque from their stick."

i guess that's why no 75 flex in the ST? Because it's geared toward stronger players? I have a 75 flex AX1 from last year and love it. I probably cut a good 5-6 inches off it so was looking forward to a 60" 75 flex AX1ST. With the improvements in axysym technology would the 85 flex in the new AX1ST be easier to flex/load than last year's model?

Can't wait to try the new AX1LT. Guess I should stick with 75 flex on this then? probably have to cut off 2-3 inches.

good stuff. can't wait.

Just bought a T100, but the AX3LT in W12 Wisniewski is going to be hard to pass up as a backup stick. Less expensive than a T90, and same weight! Hopefully the durability is comparable.

Unreal lineup and prices. I love how mid- and mid-high-tier sticks are getting better and less expensive. The AX4LT will be the same weight as the Supreme One80 I had last year, and for $60 less! If Easton, Bauer, and CCM don't get on this bandwagon, they could be left behind.

Seriously though guys. Warrior, Sher-Wood, and Reebok specifically: stop releasing all these great price-point sticks at awesome prices. You're absolutely destroying my wallet. (Just kidding - never stop.)

Just bought a T100 in PP05 Lidstrom, but the AX3LT in W12 Wisniewski Pavelski is going to be hard to pass up as a backup stick. Less expensive than a T90, and same weight! Hopefully the durability is comparable.

Just bought a T100 in PP05 Lidstrom, but the AX3LT in W12 Wisniewski Pavelski is going to be hard to pass up as a backup stick. Less expensive than a T90, and same weight! Hopefully the durability is comparable.

Damn, Wiz is one of my favourite players... Oh well, the curve is still based on his pro pattern, so what's in a name?

Why did they change the name though? Wisniewski is still with Warrior, AFAIK.

Also, while we're at it: what are the actual differences between the W12 and the Lidstrom pattern?

About this part

"We offer “stronger flexes” for all sizes in the ST since stronger players in each segment can take advantage of ST features. Conversely, this allows LT players to get the max flex/torque from their stick."

i guess that's why no 75 flex in the ST? Because it's geared toward stronger players? I have a 75 flex AX1 from last year and love it. I probably cut a good 5-6 inches off it so was looking forward to a 60" 75 flex AX1ST. With the improvements in axysym technology would the 85 flex in the new AX1ST be easier to flex/load than last year's model?

Can't wait to try the new AX1LT. Guess I should stick with 75 flex on this then? probably have to cut off 2-3 inches.

good stuff. can't wait.

If the same though as the covert line is getting passed onto the ax sticks then the st is used to stop torqueing that real strong players sometimes get that puts their shot off target. Someone strong enough to torque their sticks would probably torque a 75 flex eitheir way, and someone with that shot strength would most likely get way more out of an 85+ flex unless they really like a whippy wet noodle flex.

I'm so looking forward to the AX3LT, sounds like a great pricepoint stick - lets hope the European importers also get something other than E3 curve in 85/100 flex :)

I'm pumped! Any previews as far as what we will see at the Let's Play Hockey Expo? I'd love to take a few shots with one of those babies. I still love what is left of my AX1, had to put a blade in it when I broke it. If it is similar to the AX1 only better, I am game!

With the improvements in axysym technology would the 85 flex in the new AX1ST be easier to flex/load than last year's model?

good stuff. can't wait.

85flex AX1 and 85flex AX1ST react the same.

Stick with 75flex...less to cut down now! :smile:

Will the junior/intermediate sticks be available on the 15th as well? In Canada?

Any recommendations for 11 year old defenseman?

Yes...INT/JR launches at the same time.

I would recommend the AX1LT...easy flex, awesome recoil.

I'll go with none of the above

HaHa! That's funny. They are both cursed by playing on low-exposure market teams, but Pavelski has always been an awesome young player for us and is getting good exposure in Sochi. Name changes are affected by a number of scenarios, but in this case it was contract related...The Wiz became a Was.

i heard the ax1lt stick composition was going on the `dolomite custom`` page at the end of this month or next ?

I'm not responsible for the Customizer but the construction will update in April from a factory perspective. When that change will show up on the customizer? I don't know.

I'm so looking forward to the AX3LT, sounds like a great pricepoint stick - lets hope the European importers also get something other than E3 curve in 85/100 flex :)

Our international group was drooling and stroking the AX3LT during my presentation last year. One of the Russia guys (jokingly?) tried to steal it out of my presentation room. I'm pretty sure you'll be seeing it in your respective INTL markets (don't look at my North American price listings in my lowdown, those don't apply to INTL, out of my control).

I'm pumped! Any previews as far as what we will see at the Let's Play Hockey Expo? I'd love to take a few shots with one of those babies. I still love what is left of my AX1, had to put a blade in it when I broke it. If it is similar to the AX1 only better, I am game!

I'm not sure what will be shown at LPH this year. We're going in a new direction and I've heard it's going to be pretty crazy. I won't be there either, maybe that's what they meant when they said it will be better :sad:

Miseaujeu, I see the test sticks for the weight are 60 inches. Are the retail sticks still going to be 63 inches like in the past? Being 6'5, I've always liked the longer length without the wood plug!

Thank you Miseaujeu!!

Definitely going to get one of the intermediate AX1LT when they arrive at my LHS.

Sales guy said they have SR, and the int should be in stock next week.

Miseaujeu, I see the test sticks for the weight are 60 inches. Are the retail sticks still going to be 63 inches like in the past? Being 6'5, I've always liked the longer length without the wood plug!

Yes...AX1LT/ST will follow this sizing plan.

O0h7vmv.jpg

AX3LT-5LT will be 60" SR...like past launches.

Miseaujeu!

Wassahhh!