Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MikeWhy

Grip sticks and Gloves

So I have had 2 apx's while having my NXG Glove(with the PU inserts on the palms) and both have matte finish and for christmas I got an NXG with grip..Now a I've said before the gloves have been used heavily beings i bought them right at the release and use them close to 4 times a week. But I strongly feel the grip is what is doing the damage to my bottom hand which is tearing the PU inserts off, by the threads(the top hand's insert finally ripped in half but thats a common problem for everyone).
Bottom line is, is there anything I can do to prevent the bottom hand PU inserts from coming off and do you guys' face this issue with regular nash/micronash/digital/msh3/etc. palms without the patches?

you can have grippy palms or grip sticks, mixing the two is a bad idea

The inserts are actually more frictionless than normal palms and they're my issue so it has to be the grip is tugging on the threading somehow

I'm looking into getting a pair of Covert DT2 Gloves which have 'Clarino Smart Palm with grip dots and abrasion overlays' (from the Warrior catalog). Will using a grip stick wear out the palms faster than normal??

I say go old school and get a pair of gloves with leather palms- I use my Eagles 3-4 x per week and they don't pill, have stayed soft and I suspect will last a fair bit of time. But leather can be a bit hot. Baby powder is the only way to reduce the friction.