Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Mattc555

Easton Mako

Easton Mako 2012 model, no grip
Flex: 85
Curve: Getzlaf

Height: 5'-9"
Weight: 200
Postition: D/C

B level Adult Hockey player with 20 years experience

Time-frame of use: 3 months

Aesthetics: I was pleased with the white appearance and subtle graphics. The white paint does chip easily though, revealing the black carbon below.
N/A

Weight and Balance: My previous two sticks were Warrior Dynasty and a Totalone LE. I found the Mako felt noticeably heavier than both. Not so much as to be bothersome, but noticeable nonetheless.
8.5/10

Blade: I really enjoy the Getzlaf curve and the blade has good feel. I don't find it too hard, and don't have an issues recieving passes with it. It has been durable, and remained consistent after 40+ games.
10/10

Shaft/Flex: Coming from a 77 flex Totalone I was suprised by the sticks flex. This stick feels far whippier than the Totalone, and really took some getting used to. I eventually cut the stick down an additional two inches. For reference this puts the butt end of the stick at the bottom of my chin *without* skates on. I ended up enjoying the shorter stick, however if I couldn't have adjusted it would have been a deal breaker. Even so, if I was to purchase another I would move up to a higher flex rating. I may end up cutting it down further and trying a wood plug. The shaft is nice and responsive though, providing great feel and feedback.

8.5/10

Stickhandling and Passing: Passing is accurate and predictable. However the increased flex can cause the puck to pass under the blade when reaching far for an errant puck.
9/10

Shooting: Snap shots are crisp, accurate, and hard. Compared to the Totalone and Dynasty, slapshots and clappers are not as strong. The puck also releases lower than the Dynasty, which had a similar curve.
9/10

Durability: After 40+ games the stick is holding up great. Cosmetic chips to the paint, nothing else to note. For reference, my Totalone broke after a year(slapshot to the shaft), however the Dynasty broke(just above the blade) after 6 weeks of use. I haven't found the stick to be deteriorating in anyway. Flex and feel remain the same.
10/10

Conclusion: I really enjoy this stick, but wish I had purchased a stiffer flex. I will probably try something different next, but recommend it to anyone in the market.

9/10