Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
cjm305

Bauer ReAkt Cage

I purchased the cage in November of this year, and was able to use the cage throughtout the rest of my season on a Bauer 4500 helmet size Large, so the cage was sized to fit that helmet.

Fit - 9/10

In the fit category the chin cup of the helmet is designed to be able to slide to provide about a half inch of room for the user to completely fit the cup to their chin regadless of where their chin sits in relation to the bottom of the helmet. I dont like the "popular" hang of many elite players, as I tend to side with protection and weight reduction over style. It sits a slight bit low for me personally but overall it fits well.

Protection - 10/10

The cage is very light which worried me at first, but after playing games in the helmet/cage combo, I can say that this feels safer than any other cage I have used to date because it feel stronger.

Weight - 10/10

I cant stress how light this cage is. I have never used something that weighed this little, especially when designed and built of a metal to protect your face. Absolutely cant feel any weight dangling from the front of the helmet at all, and this results in the helmet being able to sit in the correct position on the head of the player due to no weight couteracting the anatomically correct mid position on top of the players head.

Durability - 10/10

So far the cage shows no wear, and has not rusted at all as some stainless steel cages still seem to do overtime. The only thing that has been of notice to me is that the chin cup material seems to absorb sweat pretty heavily and I can actually use my finger to "wring" out sweat in between shifts. Heres to hoping that this doesnt affect the durability of the chin cup in the long run.

Intangibles - 8/10

The straps seem to come undone rather quickly, and I had to retighten the side straps before every period before resigning myself to taping them into the correct position. I could use laces or something else in the future but for right now the straps are the only gripe I can muster about this cage.

Conclusion - 10/10

Absolutely weightless, and the vision is great. over the course of the past 4 months, this cage has been a beauty and I regard it as one of my favorite pieces of equipment I own currently.

Bauer ReAkt Titanium Cage (Size Medium) on a Medium Bauer 4500

Length of use: 1 Year 6 months

Player profile

5’8” 165, 2-4 times per week, rink employee/beer leaguer

Previous face shields used: Itech Titanium Cage 908ti, CCM FM580, Bauer 5100, and Bauer Concept 3

Fit 10/10

Vision

The sightlines through the smoke colored cage were clear. I had no issues as I did with my FM580 but that is fairly subjective. The oval shape seemed to help with my field of vision.

Chin cup

I normally have to replace my chin cups because they slide up fairly easy. This was not the case with the Poron XRD chin cup. The fit has been nice and snug.

Protection 10/10

I have taken a couple high sticks and a skate blade to the mask and it has been a non-issue. A couple nicks here and there but still structurally sound.

Weight 10/10

This is probably the biggest selling point for this cage. I was looking for something comparable to my Itech 908ti and this fits the bill.

Durability 10/10

I have had no issues in a year and a half of use.

Intangibles 8/10

The biggest issue for most is the price. It is roughly double the cost of an average cage, but if weight matters to you in facial protection, this piece of equipment is worth it.

Conclusion

There are a number of things in hockey that are considered “game-changers.” Equipment that allows you to play better is one of those things and the Reakt is such a product.

9.5/10

Bauer ReAkt Titanium Cage

Height - 5'7"

Weight - 175 lbs

Size - Medium

Level of play: Beer league indoor ice & roller hockey, 2x a week.

Fit: Cage fit very well on both my small CCM V08 and my medium Reebok 4K. I currently use it on my Reebok 4K and am very happy. The chin cup feels nice and the cage itself is very, very easy to see through. This is definitely an improvement from the Bauer FM4500 I was previously using.

10/10

Protection: The titanium seems as strong if not stronger than any other cage I've used in the past. I've taken a few sticks and pucks to the cage, and it has held up really well.

10/10

Weight: This is bar far the best part of the cage. I can't believe how light it is, you really do not notice it while playing. 

10/10

Durability: I've been using this cage for about a year and it has held up to everything so far. No dents, rust, or any issues at all.

10/10

Conclusion: By far the best and lightest cage I've ever worn. It is a bit expensive, but to me, worth every penny. I would recomend this to anyone looking to upgrade their current facemark.

10/10 (40/40)