Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fishing1

Top 5 sticks you ever had

Koho XL- it was an awesomely BAD stick. Heavy, heavy, heavy. Good on the penalty kill, as that thing could clear a puck into next Tuesday, also good when you're on the checking line and you needed to pay back someone. Would easily snap a lightweight composite stick in two.

Northland wood- don't remember a model name. Decently light weight for a wooden stick. Or not. I don't remember; I was just excited about having a stick like my heroes... The ones I had were neutral. My pops and I would curve the blade.

Victoriaville wood- Became "Vic" later. Decent stick that my heroes used.

Titan Graphite- lighter than the last three I had mentioned, and it was just like Gretzky. I used it on the power play in conjunction with the aforementioned Koho XL. It was cool 'cos it was white.

Canadien/Easton aluminium shaft- how many blades did this thing get? She was stolen from me in 1993. She'd probably still be in service today. Something about this stick just did everything right.

I am still trying to figure out how to flex the stick correctly after never really worrying about it when I was young. My top stick for now is a Warrior EVO shaft (intermediate) with whatever wood blade (I receive passes better with wood blades), and I'm still not crazy about it!!! My slap shot is terrible, my wrister is a bit better, but let's just say I am more effective passing from the point than shooting!!!

Super customized Warrior DT1LT, Super duper customized Warrior AX1LT, ultra macho customized Warrior AX1, crazy awesome customized Warrior Widow, humangas big customized Warrior Dolo.

Did I mention that they were all custom?

Super customized Warrior DT1LT, Super duper customized Warrior AX1LT, ultra macho customized Warrior AX1, crazy awesome customized Warrior Widow, humangas big customized Warrior Dolo.

Were they really custom or just customised?

j/k

Hell...why not.

1. New Warrior Covert Prototype :ph34r:

2. Innovative PF1100 Shaft with Montreal M9 blade

3. Louisville TriCore Shaft - Thanks Marcelo

4. Mission Flyweight Shaft with Flyweight blade (best stick Mission made that no one knew about)

5. Montreal 9900 Wood Stick with M9 blade construction

1. warrior widow

2. bauer x:60

3. easton aluminum 2 piece w/ 301 wood blade

4. louisville lock jaw

5. easton z-bubble/ easton ultra lite with eurotip blade

How did u get ax1lt and ax1 and dt1lt customized

1. 2nd Generation Warrior Dolomite Shaft w/ Easton Synergy Elite Blade - loved this thing (Have bought a dozen closeout dolo shafts because of it)

2. Original Silver Easton Synergy

3. Green Easton Z bubble Shaft w/ Z Carbon Blade

4. Easton SE16 Grip

5. TPS Redlite XN10 Shaft w/ Z-Carbon Blade

1. Bauer One95

2. Reebok 20K

3. Easton Z Bubble

4. Koho (don't remember the model, just that it was yellow and I loved Marty St. Louis)

5. Bauer X40

Surprised I don't see more One95's on here. That was such a good stick.

Innovative 1100 polarfibre 300 flex, Inno Hull pro blade

Base Savoy Special, 75 flex BC01

TPS XN10 whip shaft, Bauer XV blade

TPS R8 whip shaft, Easton pro return Roenick blade

CCM V130 pro return, Darby pro pattern

Montreal 88HMP is the only one that really stands out for me. I got it in the early '90s and I still have it, though it is pretty weathered and beat up:

Wxn4CXI.jpg

I put it away when the blade started getting ragged, because I didn't want to break it, and I replaced it with a Koho Revolution 2240 in the early or mid-90s, which is still in good shape because I didn't play much hockey after that. When I went onto the ice last week for the first time in about 8 years, I took both sticks with me, and I still like the Montreal better.

1. Nexus 1000-most recent addition but my favorite.

2. EQ50's-I had a few and every single one broke. Great sticks while they lasted though, loved the feel and had a great shot with them.

3. Reebok 20k - Great stick, I LOVE the dual grip offered. Blade is a little too lively though.

4. Koho wooden-no idea what the model number was but I had it in the early 90's and it was great.

5. Reebok 9k-it was a no frills stick but for some reason it just felt right and I still have it in tact.

I see so many Warrior sticks on the lists, I feel left out but I've never tried one to date :ohmy:

1) Bauer Vapor XXX Lite- no competition, favorite stick I've ever had, would buy a new one in a heartbeat if I could find the right flex and curve

2) Bauer Vapor XXXX

3) Original silver Easton Synergy

4) Green Easton Z Bubble with Z Carbon blade- broke this at stick and puck on Christmas Eve, received the Synergy the next day for Christmas

5) Hopefully the new Easton Area 51 Synergy Grip Pro Stock I just got in the mail

Most interesting stick I've ever had was the yellow Synergy Grip I got after the silver Synergy. It was a 75 flex intermediate that I cut down, who knows how stiff it actually flexed, but I had red Eagle gloves that turned the shaft mostly orange. It became VERY ugly.

Non-Grip CNT Stealth

Vapor XXX Lite

2005 Black/Silver Stealth

Brown Easton A/C (6100 i believe) with Easton pro custom wood blades

Griplite 100 with Easton Ultra Graphite Kariya blades

XN10 mark II prototype

XN10

Miken ZL

Widow

I haven't had much of a chance to play with the SWD EK15 due to injuries but it has a lot of potential

T1 - Miken Razor Z9

T1 - TPS R9XN10 shaft/pro stock Bauer blade (described by seller as a pro stock, tapered version of a One95, but I have no way to confirm that's what it was).

T3 - TPS R2XN10 shaft/Dolo blade

T3 - TPS RLXN10 shaft/One95 blade setup

Not sure which shaft to put into the last spot between TPS Tricore/1st gen non-grip AK27/Metal matrix Z-Bub... whatever is was would have a Montreal M95 (Euro) blade.

1.Titan TPM 2020

2.Easton 5100 Gretzky shaft

3.Warrior Dolomite pro stock

4.Innovative 1100 polarfibre (yellow)

5.First Gen. Easton Synergy