Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Derek123

My feet are DEAD..

I bought some new skates a couple of weeks ago and I just got back into hockey so I'm kind of trying to get my legs back. The new skates are Bauer x60r hi-lo's. I've maybe got about 2 hours, give or take, of skating on them, but after about 3-5 minutes of skating, my feet start cramping horribly. They hurt to the point that I have to sit down and actually take the skates off for a minute. After I put them back on, I'm ok for a few more minutes, and then they start to cramp up again. It's a very strong dull pain. The skates fit well. I am a 10 in shoe size and the skates are 8.5 R. My toes don't brush the toe cap like I've heard they're supposed to, but they aren't far away. I also haven't baked them yet. I know people have different opinions on doing this diy, but I don't have a problem with it. I just wanted some opinions. Is it that I haven't skated in years? Should baking help some?

I have had the same issues. Is it the arch that has the pain. If so, have you tried loosening them in the forefoot. While I don't believe you want them loose you also don't want to be crushing your arch. Another thing, if it is arches, could be to switch out the footbeds with something more supportive like superfeet.

Just read up on the Superfeet insoles. Seems a lot of people swear by them, so I might try and get some. A little more expensive than I would have thought. Anyone used them?

Another option to Superfeet is a find a very thing cheep footbed that has little to no arch (or you can actually cut part of the arch out). I have very flat feet and always have arch pain if I don't heat fit and cut the arch out. I think a heat fit would help, but not sure of the mold ability of those skates.

Hah, I'm not entirely sure what you're asking, sorry :tongue:

Search the forum for "pencil test". A simple test that tells you if the volume of the boot is suited to your foot. Superfeet are great and help an awful lot, I've used them in all my inline skates but they do impact slightly on the volume.

The X60's are similar to my Vapor X5's and coming from a Mission skate with a ton of volume, I suffered through lots of foot pain, it took something like 3 or 4 games plus wearing them in the living room for short periods of time before/after in between to finally make them feel right even with the baking. They are fine now but I know the feeling of your foot cramping and all that.

I tried on some X60Rs this weekend. Whilst the fit was good in heel, and forefoot, looking side on at the skate, it was clear to me that my foot was protruding from the laces (ie failing the pencil test).

Obviously, they felt fine for the first 5 minute, but i imagine that after an hour of playing, this would eventually lead to problems.

Are you sure your foot passes the pencil test?

Could be the skates are too narrow for your feet in general. Sounds like they are too tight on the outside and compressing your foot too much, causing a dull pain that goes away once you remove the skate. Superfeet might help, but the problem could simply be you need a wider skate.

I use the rbk lace locks on all my skates. it allows the lower laces to be lose, and I can really crank down on the top three laces around my ankle. I would also look into super feet they are awesome!

When I got back into hockey after long time my feet could not tolarate any skates on my feet without having severe cramps in the feet, it was really hard at first but after a while they got use to it.I would try going a E width boot this would definetly help your feet adjust to having skates tied up tight around your feet.

if it's your arch and you have a duck feet (flat foot) like me then the black superfeet would solve a lot of your problems